del sol problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

INJEN78

HS LEGEND
ok so some of you may know that i bought a delsol..well its a 94 si...ive got a check engine light..i jumped the pins and its flashing code 41 i believe,which is heater circuit malfunction..this is for the o2 sensor that connects right before the cat??
now i looked everywhere on my harness and i can not find the plug anywhere..theres no cut wires or anything..
so does this car run 2 o2 sensors?? or do i have the wrong idea?
i need to register my car soon and that requires emisions..any help would be appreciated

only 1 o2. wiring goes up into the distrubitor harness area.

likely, the o2 is shot. replace it.

ah ok..the o2 is brand new..my header has two o2 sensors in it..one up top by the head.the other down in the downpipe..so i do not need the one in the bottom?
ill trade the wires from the o2 on the top and see where they go..

ok so ill check with another sensor thats known to be good..
also someone said something about fuse 15 or some shit like that??
im not used to obd1 at all..

#41 was my o2. Make sure that the actual physical plug and wires are connected properly from both sides; If i were u i'd go buy a bosch o2 and call it a day.

yea im gonna go out and check all the wiring..and ive got fix my intake manifold problem

I have 2 del sols myself and they are bad ass cars to have. Yeah the o2 sensor plug is located near the reverse lights plug that connects to the transmission. Make sure you plug the bung on the down pipe.

the downpipe has an o2 in it but its not wired..
the one by the trans is plugged in and it looks brand new..
i dont get it..im gonna check and see if its fully plugged in and make sure the actual pins in the wires are into the plug securely..then ill trace the wires and see if theyre bad

car will not run right at all..still has cel for the o2 but im not worried about that.

i put a y8 manifold on and the idle was hunting..i used my TB with my iacv and fitv(know to be working)
well i just pulled it all apart,replaced the gaskets and everything..tightened everything back down and its doing the same shit..
idle is bouncing real quick at 1500rpms like it has a vacuum leak but wont rev over 1500..so it sounds like 2step..
wtf could be wrong with this?

Last edited:
Back