del sol project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chondaparts

this is my first honda and i have had it for a lil while now. so far i have a b16a jdm swap with kyb sturts with eibach springs racing seats, del sol vtec tac ebay header password jdm test pipe and pacesetter cat back. but now im going to do an all motor build and pretty much do every thing over
heres a list of parts i currently have
es master bushing set
BC stage 2+ cams
BC srpings and retainers
mahle 11.5:1 comp 0.025 overbore pistons
all the gaskets studs and bolts
now here is the parts i plan on getting
OBX lsd
header?
act prolite flywheel
comp clutch stage 2
full maching work (P&P, valve job bore/clean)
hks cat back
and heres where i need ur guys help i have mixed answers form the local guys around here which only one has real experence with a b16 build and it was a bad ride but he isnt being really helpfull and the other guy every tells me not to even consider helping me so here i go
i want either itbs for a good intake mani/tb but was told my stock one is good enought and do i need adjustalbe cam gears high volume fuel rail/reg/injectors/pump and what should i tune with i have a place that can dyno tune it and they tell me that they can deal with crome hondata or w/e

Punctuation is your friend, please use it.

In regards to your build, I would tune with CROME. Its a well known program. If you are staying all motor you need to focus on air delivery and getting the exhaust gases out, so yes a decent header will be necessary to make decent power. eBay crap will not cut it. Hytech makes a nice header. Or if you are more into budget, check out a DC or Megan Racing header. As far as an intake manifold, you could stick with your stock mani if you want to. You probably won't make as much power as you would with a Skunk2 or Blox mani, though. Take your head to a reputable shop for headwork. Have the intake manifold and intake ports matched, have the exhaust ones matched too.

Good luck. Do more research and ask questions if you have them.

well the guy that is doing my machine work builds honda racing boats for a living. what about cam gears fuel rail reg and pump and lines? and also i heard that the ctr oil pump should b used for more oil volume, and what about the N1 crank pulley is that worth my time and money? and as far as the intake mani the itr/ctr one isnt all that great and that a skunk2 or ne other atfermarket one would b better. and i fogott to tell u i have a password jdm intake and other then the bolt ons i would love to stay pretty much simple looking/stock i dont want to overhype ne thing ;)

Keep that intake. As for the manifold, you can get decent performance out of an ITR or CTR mani and some headwork. You can use a CTR oil pump or aftermarket, its all about your budget. Its recommended to go with something higher volume when building. I'd stay away from crank pulleys. I've heard mixed reviews on them. Premature bearing wear and other problems are synonymous (sp) with the lightened crank pulley from what I hear.

You're going all motor, of course it will be somewhat stealthy. At least you don't have to worry about trying to hide an intercooler. ;)

Back