1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Del Sol Project

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by kip99, Nov 30, 2009.

1. kip99

kip99 New Member

ok so I have a 94 del sol with a D16Z6 engine in it. I know theres a lot that can be done for power with a DOHC motor but since this motor is a SOHC what are my options? What kind of power can I get out of a turbo and the transmission is a 4sp auto. Is it possible to throw a 5sp transmission in there?

2. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

You can swap to a 5 speed! Search our reference section or google for a how-to and parts list. Once you get a proper transmission in that rig, you can easily turbo the car. It's very popular, and is very well documented. Do your research, and you will see that with a good tune, 200whp is attainable. This will blow the doors off any b series swap.

3. EP3Hatch1987

EP3Hatch1987 Meeeeooowww!!!!!

This will blow the doors off any b series swap.

a stock b-series swap.. but id swap trannys build the bottom end.. but it also depends on your budget..

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

How many built Bs do you know of that make 200 wheel horses? I'd venture that a turbo D can blow the doors off pretty much any N/A B swap, built or not...

5. kip99

kip99 New Member

i have a limited budget so i think i'm going to stick with the D16Z6 and rebuild it and throw a turbo on it. with 200whp what kind of quarter mile times do you think i'd be able to run... oh year and i plan to pretty much strip the interior... this is a total project car and not going to be a daily driver at all what so ever

6. solrocket1

solrocket1 New Member

around 13 or 14 all depends on how good a driver u are if ur gonna rebuild it there is a thing on ebay its vitara pistons ,eagle rods ,all new bearing ,and gaskets ,and seals, and studs. its like 500 or 550 then once u get sick off only 200 whp u can go to 300 or 350. ull get bored of a 14 or 13 second car. dont rebuild it with stock stuff u can only turn up to 10 psi before head lift well on most it does. do it right the first time so u dont blow

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted