Del Sol Seat Swap Options Please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimarnett

I have a 62 Mini Cooper that I put a pair of 96-97 Del Sol seats in, several years ago.

The rails in the Mini are positioned where they were in the Del Sol.

They are great seats for the road, but I've been doing a lot of "Track Days" and am looking to buy a drivers seat that I can strip down and re-upholster to hold me in better.

SO, what I am looking for is a list of Honda seats that will fit the Del Sol rails exactly. (Slide the old seats out on track day, slide the new ones in. When I get home, slide the new ones out and the old ones in...you get the idea)

Anybody know of such a list?
:)
THANKS!!!
Jim

i'm not positive man, but i'm pretty sure i've seen a guy with S2000 seats in a del sol. maybe these will fit your mini? anyway, good luck

Seats

Thanks.
I think I've read that S2000 will fit, but are not a slide in replacement.
Anyhow, finding S2000 seats in poor condition (AKA "Cheap") isn't easy!

i dont think there are any other oem honda seats that will hold you in any better than the del sol seats. the recaros that come in type Rs are the only other really supportive oem seat that would work with those rails.... but they are expensive.

i dont think there are any other oem honda seats that will hold you in any better than the del sol seats. the recaros that come in type Rs are the only other really supportive oem seat that would work with those rails.... but they are expensive.

Thanks!
I will my quest for a Del Sol seat to modify.

I don't know much about stock seats, but I have some friends using a 1g eagle talon seat for their hit to pass car and it's pretty comfy and bolstered... I'm sure there are probably some slightly older nice cars that have really comfy/sporty seats in them...

so you need seats eh?

Ive got some del sol seats ill part with for 200 the drivers side needs a little help but would be easy to fix. ive also got some bride low max seats ill part with for 900. just let me know. oh im in GA so if ur not close, i guess its no good lol. shipping seats is a pain in the ass. lol

Back