Del sol Si auto to a B18C Type R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bocan

Hey this is going to be my first swap. I have a 95 del sol si automatic and i want to put a b18c type r engine into it. Can anyone tell me how hard this swap is? also do i need conversion mounts for the rear?

Already looked for hours online with no definitive answers.

Since how hard the swap is, is a subjective question, my subjective answer is not really hard, probably a 4 or 5 out of 10, 10 being hardest. Of course when you start doing the swap you may think it's an 11 halfway through, or a 2. Working under the dash adding the pedal set isn't fun, neither is tracking down and assassinating any electrical gremlins that are going to pop up. Yes, you'll need to swap the correct rear mount.

Are you going to have a time table? As in you have to have the car running within a week? If so, my advice is either scrape the idea, or get an automatic B16A tranny, and mate it to the B18C and have a fun auto.

dont really have a time frame. But im fishing for info on things i need. I dont want to drop the engine in then im like... oh i need this mount.... then wait a few days for it to arrive then.. oh i need this other piece.. another few days... far as i can tell from auto to manual i need pedal set master and slave cylinders and the hydraulic line connecting them. After research some people say i need mounts.. others say i need a rear transmission mount for going from a d16z6 to the b18c..

I recently purchased a k20z1 engine and the six speed lsd for my car.. Hybrid Racing have a $1200 kit which i can afford after purchasing the engine.. in there info about the swap it says...

100% Bolt In K-Swap Starter Package. (Seriously everything needed)

Well no hybrid.. its not everything needed. i need another 1500 ontop of that for the swap..

Needless to say there will be more stuff ontop of that.. So the k20 is going to be sold and a b18c purchased..

Before i flush more money down the pan im just after a list of stuff. $50 mounts and $100 rad hoses add up.

Failing that im selling a k20z1 and a mint del sol and getting a cbr 1000rr.

I'll tell you from experience, all the planing in the world does not insure that something isn't going to come up. IMO, you should just keep the K and finish that swap, sounds like you're almost there as far as having what you need. But regardless, you will need the B series rear mount to put the B18 in a Civic chassis if you go that way.

deciding factor was that the usdm k20 i have isnt as shiny as i want it to be. it has around 80k on it and looks a little worn (compared to a jdm b18c for the same price).. i have the money for the 1200 starter kit but i havent yet purchased it.. 1200 + another 1500 puts me over budget on this swap. Selling the k20z1 and buying a clean low milage jdm b18c type r gives me enough for a clutch, timing belt and misc swap parts (i hope). plus probably like a grand left over. I also get pissed off when these performance companies charge you $360 for a wiring harness that costs less than $10 to mass produce in china. it seems that there is alot of b series parts for 1/5 the cost of k series parts so in the long run i think id be better off.

Back