1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Del Sol Swap Help

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by Ethan Kanost, Sep 9, 2018.

b18c or GSR

1. GSR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. b18c

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ethan Kanost

Ethan Kanost New Member

Hi, I have always loved Hondas but in high school I could never afford to do really anything cool with my first Del Sol. But now I'm in College and I have a decent job and I got my second Del Sol it is a 1997 Si SOHC, it is a fun little car but I want to get more out of it. I am really interested in doing either a B18c Integra Type-R motor swap or a USDM GSR Integra motor swap but I'm pretty new to the Honda game and i have no idea where to start, all I really know I need for a motor swap is the motor, tranny, clutch, wiring, motor mounts and maybe a new shift linkage but I don't really know any other steps to get to a finished swap, I know a shop out in Colorado that does good work who will help me with the actual swap part, but they really only do the swap nothing else with helping with parts so I thought I'd reach out.

-Thanks.

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

For research purposes, it will be almost exactly the same as doing a swap in a 92-95 Civic.
    The only real difference you will run in to is the shift linkage you will need (assuming this is a manual). Del Sols require a Del Sol VTEC (the model with the B16) shift linkage to work with any B series swap.
    You can get them from HMotorsOnline.
    You can probably find them elsewhere, maybe for less money, but I know HMotorsOnline will have the right part in immaculate condition.

The swap itself is straight forward enough, as I said its 99% the same as a 5th gen Civic swap, and those have been done about a billion times.

Do some research
    Figure out what you want to use the car for
    Come up with a budget (or at least a range)
    Ask us specific questions

Welcome to the site

Ethan Kanost likes this.
  3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Just for clarity- PHYSICALLY it will be the same as a 92-95 Civic swap. Electrically, follow 96-98 information. Your car should be OBD2, so all the wiring changes will follow an OBD2 Civic swap. Welcome to the Swap!

Ethan Kanost likes this.
  4. Ethan Kanost

Ethan Kanost New Member

Thank you for the information, greatly appreciated! that pretty much sums up my questions lol

5. Ethan Kanost

Ethan Kanost New Member

Thank you for that I wouldn't have even thought about that that helps a lot!

6. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

either swap will be close to the same, staying obd2 swap makes wiring pretty much plug and play ! Welcome To HS And Post Some Pics Of That Thang

7. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Welcome!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted