1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

del sol swap info

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by ivtec93, Oct 18, 2009.

1. ivtec93

ivtec93 New Member

I have a 93 del sol D16z6 but like any normal honda lover wants something bigger and better. Going to be buying the B16a3 and was wondering what problems i might run into or anything extra i might need. Getting the engine from hmotorsonline the complete swap but wondering if i need anything special. help me ouuuttt

2. JDMJohn

JDMJohn New Member

Might have to get the shift linkage shortened.

3. ivtec93

ivtec93 New Member

can i pull it from another car, if so which ones, or do i have to cut it? this is my first swap so im just learning the basics behind it all. i just wanted something that could basically just drop right in till i get comfy with it all. i heard the b16s are pretty much my best bet for that on this car.

4. stevog1981

stevog1981 New Member

shift linkage

i have a shift linkage from a 93 del sol si that had a b17 swap from the d series. obviously not the stock one so i think it could help you out. let me know if your interested. you will ned a shifter though the old one was totally stripped where the handle threads on. the swap was done about two years ago and the linkage was bought new from honda

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted