Del Sol Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I did the GSR swap into my 95 del sol VTEC about a month ago. The swap is straight forward. You have to take the a/c and power steering off to get the engine in or out of the engine bay. As for the shift linkage I just modified the GSR one, and yes I did a good job...but I had to reweld it 3 times. It took a total of about 3 hours to get the shift linkage modified, but in the end everything ended up exactly the same as my 2 other S model del sols. I switched the entire suspension over from the gsr and I mean EVERYTHING (why would I do that? because the del sol VTEC suspension was stolen along with the engine and brake booster unit...and replaced with a stock civic suspension). The integra springs made it look kind of jacked up...so I just switched my agx/eibach pros from my S model, and put my stock springs back on the S model. The mounts were all easy to get on except for the rear mount which is closest to the cabin. The wiring was incredibly simple. All I had to do is run one wire for the IAB and splice it into the engine side of the harness (its really easy to spot...pink and blue).

The torque curve on the b18c is flat from 2000 to 7600 rpms. It actually has a lot more low end torque than the b18b because the regular cam is shaped to create the torque peak at 3000 rpms.

The IAB on the b18c sounds way cooler than the VTEC when it kicks in. Without the IAB, a b18c del sol VTEC is the exact same speed as a GSR (with the IAB)....just so you guys can tell the amount of difference it makes. When swapping the suspension over.... I found that the regular civic rear drum brake arms are actually about 15 lbs lighter a piece than the GSR ones with the disk brakes. The disk brakes arent actually heavier, but I think that honda just designed them to be stronger considering the increased amount of hell they have to endure being sports car model.

good to know. what about the

Knock Sensor Red/Blue -> D3
Evap Purge Power Yellow/Black -> 12V power (hot in ON or START)
Evap Purge Solenoid Red -> A20

im not following as to how you add the wires. you have the harness comming off of the engine...which connects to another harness on the driver side of the engine bay right? then that harness goes to the ecu? ive never looked at it in more detail. i figured that i would figure out the specifics as far as wiring when the engine was out.

s3ebddd67975ed.jpg

the harness' im talking about are up in the far top right corner. when i get the gsr, it should already have the wires comming off of the engine. so will i just need to add wires from where that harness connects to another harness in the engine bay to the ecu? i hope i explained my confusion well...hard to explain.

The harness you are going to add the IAB to is on the drivers side...

There are the plugs on the engine side of the harness...and then on the car side of the harness. You will have to put the wires into the engine side of the harness,

Back