1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Del Sol Swap

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by Murphys_Law, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Murphys_Law

Murphys_Law New Member

i bought a 92 civic with a d18 already in it. i wanna swap itinto my del sol. can i even do the swap.mechanically speaking. i need to know before i end up ruining two cars. i want to swap the motor and T28 turbo kit into my 95 del sol

2. turbo sol

turbo sol I need some ligaments!!!

laurel, montucky (ten minutes out of billings)
    yes you can. the chassis is setup for the d-series motor. all you need is the motor mounts and the correct ecu and wiring harness. every thing will bolt right into place. good luck on the swap. post pics as you go.

3. White Ice

White Ice New Member

You should be able to do the swap with no trouble. The 92 civic and the 95 del sol are mechanically the same cars. You should be able to just take eveything electrical / mechanical ( engine, ecu, wiring harnesses) off of the civic and put it right into the del sol.

4. turbo sol

5. tartymctang2357

tartymctang2357 Grand High Wizard

you're gonna need shift linkage from a del sol vtec too

6. turbo sol

s that cable or shafts? not familiar with them. this guy might not know either...

7. REDMAC

REDMAC Trick or treat

there shafts.,,, but will need the shafts from the VTEC Sol.. I think you can also use a set from an Integra but I just dont which year you need.

8. Murphys_Law

Murphys_Law New Member

I did need the del sol linkage, i put the Hondata ecu on it from the b18b and its still missing on number 2,3 cylinders, fouling the plugs with gas. now im going to switch the harnesses off the motors unless someone says differently. i dont wann pull the dash and swap the underdash harness. i was told that i didnt have to. thanks for all the help

9. REDMAC

REDMAC Trick or treat

you don't need to go into your dash.... You have some other problem I'm not a mech but start trouble shooting for no spark ,, double check everything that you have done make sure you haven't left anythign out.
    Did you use the Harness off the civic? If so do you need to create and adaptor to go thur the fire wall and to the ECU? Check into and see if this is needed.
    Sorry I'm Not more help Still learning myself.

10. bistec

bistec Project EH23

Hi , i'm new and i was wondering how to post. Thank you.

11. turbo sol

:search: i think this is a lack of looking over the site...USE YOUR EYES MAN!!!! it's very simple...look at the top of the list of threads and ther is a little button that says "new thread" that is how you post a thread. hope this clears up any questions on the simplicity of posting...

as for you, murphy's law..check for spark like redmac suggested. do this by starting the car and pull your wires up one at a time. you shoud get a big bog as if your engine is gonna shut down. if any of the cylinders do anything different there is a spark problem. either the cap is bad or something in the wiring is messed up...if none of our answers work for you post in this area:

http://hondaswap.com/ecus-electronics-tuning

this is the place where all the electronic ?'s are answered by people that know what exactly they are doing... good luck.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted