1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

del sol sway bar

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by Wilshire, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Wilshire

Wilshire Big WIll

what size is the front sway bar on the 97 del sol vtec??? im thinking of upgrading to a type r unit, but the stock one on the sol is pretty big already...

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

why upgrade the front? it will only increase understeer (plowing)
    do you already have a large rear sway bar that is causing your car to be too tail hapy??

3. Wilshire

Wilshire Big WIll

no i do not have a larger aftermarket rear sway bar. My car already gets loose a bit in hard cornering, alot of the time. So your saying that a larger rear sway bar would just make this worse???

thanks

4. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

so many things can cause that! list your setup then we can chat

5. Wilshire

Wilshire Big WIll

as of now i have billstein struts (the two left are leaking) i bottom out on almost every semi hard right turn!! with eibach springs and a dc sports rear strut bar.

Soon to be installed --- in my room ive got some Tanabe Sustec pro s-s full coilovers, Skunk 2 rear tie bar, Blox rear LCA's and an Energy Suspension Hyperflex bushing kit.

So my questions are; will the itr rear sway bar help with my soon to be set up??? and what front strut bar do you recommend???

6. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

well after all of those mods go on then see if you have the same issue, bad shocks certainly dont help your situation.

i have a 23mm jdm itr rear bar and a 21mm suspension techniques front bar but i like having oversteer. with a larger front bar than rear bar you pretty much will be "plowing" understeering.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted