Del sol Tranny and motor swap? Need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rlazier07

Hey, Last year I bought a 1993 Honda Del Sol Si, with an auto tranny and the d16z6 motor. They have both worked really well for me but I would like to add some power to this car, so it doesn't just look fast and doesn't crap out so badly on hills. I would like to do a motor and tranny swap but I was wondering what type of fabrication is needed to swap a new tranny in (as in, do i have to cut into the floorboards to put the transmission in or what else do I have to cut). I'm not a beginner at working on cars just at auto to 5-speed swaps and could use some help. Also, if the 5 speed swap is going to be to expensive is there a way to swap a b-series auto and engine into a d-series engine bay? Oh and I know to swap in a 5-speed I know i need the slave cylinder pedals and all in order it to work properly, but what exactly do I need and where can I find good prices on it or where can i get a junk del sol to swap parts from? I know I seem very incoherent I just like to know exactly what I'm doing before I start getting into these big jobs. Thanks

Back