1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Del sol Tranny and motor swap? Need help

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by rlazier07, Aug 3, 2007.

1. rlazier07

rlazier07 New Member

Hey, Last year I bought a 1993 Honda Del Sol Si, with an auto tranny and the d16z6 motor. They have both worked really well for me but I would like to add some power to this car, so it doesn't just look fast and doesn't crap out so badly on hills. I would like to do a motor and tranny swap but I was wondering what type of fabrication is needed to swap a new tranny in (as in, do i have to cut into the floorboards to put the transmission in or what else do I have to cut). I'm not a beginner at working on cars just at auto to 5-speed swaps and could use some help. Also, if the 5 speed swap is going to be to expensive is there a way to swap a b-series auto and engine into a d-series engine bay? Oh and I know to swap in a 5-speed I know i need the slave cylinder pedals and all in order it to work properly, but what exactly do I need and where can I find good prices on it or where can i get a junk del sol to swap parts from? I know I seem very incoherent I just like to know exactly what I'm doing before I start getting into these big jobs. Thanks

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted