Del Sol Trunk rack

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Well someone one teamsol's board asked about a snowboard rack for the sol. Someone posted pics of this...

1645solskirack1.jpg

1645solskirack2.jpg

1645solskirack3.jpg

1645skirack5.jpg

1645skirack4.jpg

The sponges are a temporary solution to the black foam that wore out. But the sponges won't scratch the deck lid.

The whole thing is made out of PVC, wall hooks, electrical tape, black spray paint, and bad stickers. It ties down to the deck lid with Ratchet straps that go over the feet and around the deck lid. The skis/poles/boards tie down with bungees that just wrap around stuff. Not very technical, but pretty easy. You also have to pull up the centers of ratchet straps over the deck with bungees, or the harmonic vibration of air moving over them will damage the deck lid.

And the stickers... yeah. So the early 1990s were good for me. Mental note to remove those. Probably need to overhaul the whole thing. But I do like the idea of making a rack out of an extra top. What to do with the targa cooljerk sent me.... hmmmm....

Originally posted by word@Sep 9 2003, 11:46 PM
don't snowboards fit in the trunk tho??

lol are you kidding?

i can't even fit a medium sized cooler in the trunk.

i had to take out my passnger seat :p

Back