1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Del Sol VTEC and B18C radiator the same?

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by Supersereal, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Supersereal

Supersereal New Member

As the title says, I am wondering if the Del Sol VTEC and B18C rads are the same.
    I'm mostly talking about hose size, but hoping it will fit in my Civic as well.

I have a 95 Civic Coupe with a B18C (GSR) and the stock rad blows chunks. It over heats in summer and has issues warming up in winter. So I'm looking for options. I've been told the rad for my engine and the del sol engine are the same, but am not totally sure yet...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance.

2. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

I believe they are. This is just what I have been told. I have never done the swap personally.

3. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

i beleive the hose outlets are the same, but they are not even clsoe.
    del sol is dual core, half size
    integra is single core, full size
    IRRC

but it honeslty sounds like you have other issues- a bad thermostat, air in the coolant, or possibly a bad head gasket.

4. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

Hoses are the same but the mounting points to mount the radiator itself are different. As stated above the civic/del sol are half width where the integra radiator is full width. I have an integra full size radiator mounted in my del sol which required cutting and re-welding the bottom mounts and fabbing the upper mounts.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted