Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
Ooo ooo...I had a del sol specific question!!

F*ck nutz, I forgot!!

Not the same question I was thinking but i'll use this thread since it's a waste of space :D

Does anyone know if del sol vtec (B16) brakes/calipers are the same as 94+ Integra brakes. I may be interested in some HX rims but wasn't sure if they would clear. I've heard you have to grind down the caliper to fit on integra's. My stock rims are 14's but maybe they clear because of the offset if they are the same size.

Thx Jimbo. Yea now i'm curious & wanna know. I remember reading of post you made resurrecting that sol. Looks like you did ok. Did you ever made another thread with new pictures of the final product?

Anyone else know the answer about the brakes?

Ok, just confirm B...the yes & yes is for...
1) The del sol vtec brakes are the same as the integra?
2) The reason why they don't clear HX rims (assuming brakes are the same) is because of the offset?

they are not the exact same, the brakes are the same as the JDM EG SiR brakes. They require a diffrent pad, which to find a good pad for cheap is hard for those brakes. Cobalt friction doesn't even carry a pad for them. As for the HX wheels, they do NOT fit integra calipers unless you grind them a tad because of the offset. Not sure if the calipers are the exact same size so not sure if it will suffer with the same problem.

Thx.
My driver side rear caliper is sticking or frozen now. Bah...

97delsols said:
I have a 97 del sol with the sohc engine and im planning to swap it for a b16a2. I was wondering if you could give me a list of all the parts i need to make this an easy swap and were the best place is to get them because this is my first swap.

then start your own thread

Back