Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

roach009

what engine would fit in a 93-97 del sol with the same motor mounts and plugs in exactly with no new wiring. i want something that just plugs in and runs.

if its an S or Si .... pretty much any D series that matches the OBD rating of the car
if its a VTEC.... any B series that matches the OBD of the car (except the GSR that will require some wiring)

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Mar 28 2003, 12:54 PM
the b series swaps will require new mounts.

if you have a d15, then you can swap the d16z6 into it...

who the fuck wants to swap in a d16z6 =/

just go for the b16 and pay for the mounts and wiring harness...even if ur car isn't a B series to begin with

Originally posted by roach009@Mar 28 2003, 02:02 AM
what engine would fit in a 93-97 del sol with the same motor mounts and plugs in exactly with no new wiring. i want something that just plugs in and runs.

just go for the b16 and pay for the mounts and wiring harness...even if ur car isn't a B series to begin with

aparantly this guy
he doesnt want to do any wiring or mount changes .... i have no clue why its easy shit .... but hey that was his question so those are his answers

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Mar 31 2003, 12:01 AM-->
@Mar 28 2003, 02:02 AM

aparantly this guy
he doesnt want to do any wiring or mount changes .... i have no clue why its easy shit .... but hey that was his question so those are his answers

I know...I'm just saying...

trying to inform him a bit before he makes what I would consider a stupid swap. Spend the few hundred extra, make the swap to a B series...have more power stock and a better engine to build off of.

Back