DeLay Announces Resignation From House

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
the devil has a seat reserved for you asshole

WASHINGTON - Succumbing to scandal, former Majority Leader Tom DeLay said Tuesday he is resigning from Congress in the face of a tough re-election race, closing out a career that blended unflinching conservatism with a bare-knuckled political style.

"I think I could have won this seat but it would have been nasty. It would have cost a fortune to do it," said the Texas Republican, first elected in 1984.

i honesty can't believe he's resigning
i think he's catching shit from other repub's who are interested in saving their political party in the upcoming elections...

it's funny that he won't run, but not if your a dem

that state is so red ANY GOP canidate not named Delay will easily win

+1 Delay for doing what's right for the party

We all know it's a red state. It's a 99% probability that another republican will replace him. Let's just hope the next one isn't as corrupt.

I'm just saying it was a smart move, he knew when to step aside for the good of the country and his party, he put the country first. That's something that's often lacking in our country
dude, what the FUCK are you talking about???
usually people don't apply the word CORRUPTION when talking about the good of their country

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm just saying it was a smart move, he knew when to step aside for the good of the country and his party, he put the country first. That's something that's often lacking in our country
dude, what the FUCK are you talking about???
usually people don't apply the word CORRUPTION when talking about the good of their country

The allegations against him (and that's all they are at this point) don't make his decision any worse of an idea, unless your pullin for the Dem's LOL. Like a true left winger you'd rather talk about conspiracy theories then what's actually happening. go watch a flash video that says Bush attacked the WTC.

Delay's choice was helpful to the party, it was a good "idea". I understand that as a liberal the word "idea" is strange and may scare you. That's why you leave those things to the GOP

@ Silverchild: I hope you realize that's no way to gain ground in a real discussion.

At any rate - Yes, stepping down was a very good idea for both the country and his party. Every crook the republicans cut loose is a boon for the country as a whole. This applies to everyone though, not just republicans. Anyone who can be called a politician has done something dishonest at some point in time.

Politcol Factiod #1 by pissedoffsol: you don't resign unless the allegations are true.

fuck this guy

Yes, stepping down was a very good idea for both the country and his party. Every crook the republicans cut loose is a boon for the country as a whole. This applies to everyone though, not just republicans. Anyone who can be called a politician has done something dishonest at some point in time.
good point, didn't really think about it like that

And of course a republican will be elected, he redrew the lines in Tx that way.
this right here will get him the rotisserie between the devil and stalin, with pol pot turning the crank, when he gets to hell...

And my liberal friends blankly stare at me when I talk about Kennedy, Byrd, Kerry, Clinton and Schumer.

Quoted post[/post]]
And my liberal friends blankly stare at me when I talk about Kennedy, Byrd, Kerry, Clinton and Schumer.

No, this liberal knows that Kennedy is over the edge.

The difference is I have no problem saying that people that are on "my side" are off their rocker. Conservatives... not so much. Can't step outta line.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

You have liberal friends? I'm shocked.

I have muslim friends. Digest that.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

No, this liberal knows that Kennedy is over the edge.

The difference is I have no problem saying that people that are on "my side" are off their rocker. Conservatives... not so much. Can't step outta line.

To date, I believe that Bush has done one absolutely evil thing: His induction of John Bolton into the UN as our representative. Holy shit that was evil. (He called the session to vacation, and then fingered a bylaw that said "in times of vacation the President can induct who he sees fit". That was off the handle. Other than that, I back him and his actions 100%. DeLay? He's an asshole. Cheney ? He's evil through and through. That's about all I can think of that are completely insane.

But you guys have Byrd. And not Larry either. He's a Kard Karrying Klansman!

Back