Dell 42" Plasma TV

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/p...specstab#tabtop

I think i'm going to buy it unless someone tells me not to.
its got the hdmi input that i want, its half the price of every other 42" plasma out there, has an hdtv tuner built in, as well as the ntsc tuner, 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i connections, and my dvd player supports up-conversion for 1080i over the hdmi or dvi, is pc-compatible, comes with random cables for quick hook up (can replace with higher quality ones lateR), good contrast ratio and viewing angles....

im not a gammer so i don't care about burn-in. and if i do play, it won't be for more than a couple hours at best.

tv_42_angle_150x150.jpg

its 3 grand. but its also 500 bucks off right now AND free shipping.

i've yet to see something that comes close.

the base line sony plasma in 42" is 5000, doesn't have a built in hd tuner, and i'd have to pay for shipping from where ever i get it.

anyone see anything BAD or WRONG with it?

who the fuck is LG?

never would i invest that kind of money in a company i never heard of.

plus the dell has a great warranty package.

LG is an electronics company, they make alot of cell phones. Most of those plasma TVs probably come from the same place anyways.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 18 2004, 04:50 PM
who the fuck is LG?

[post=418836]Quoted post[/post]​

LG is one of the largest electronics manufacturers in the world. I'm surprised that you haven't heard of them.

You won't have to worry about burn-in with most modern displays made in the last 15 years.

Lucky Goldstar

There's a reason they go by LG =)

Huge company, mainly know here for cell phones and TV's.

So Brian, too cheap to go with the 52"? :lol:

j/k, looks awesome.

coming from someone who used to work in a factory....

the majority of those are made in the same building, just different options depending on model and then slapped with dif brand name logos

... having said that... id buy a sony because, well its a sony :ph34r:

either that or those new hitachi tv's i keep seeing commercials for, they look pretty badass

Originally posted by Calesta+Nov 18 2004, 05:00 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Nov 18 2004, 04:50 PM
who the fuck is LG?

[post=418836]Quoted post[/post]​

LG is one of the largest electronics manufacturers in the world. I'm surprised that you haven't heard of them.

You won't have to worry about burn-in with most modern displays made in the last 15 years.
[post=418870]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah lg is a good company..... they also makes a fridge with a tv in it

The dell is great...go with it, I'm happy with mine. I haven't used it all that much, but when we have its worked out great. Nice color and the number of inputs is great. Go for it, you're saving 500 more than I did.

better then that POS LCD you wanted a few months ago. but just FYI...

DLP > LCD or Plasma

if you're going to spend this kind of money, might as well get the best right?

but its a good buy I guess I just don't see the appeal of Plasma or LCD screens after being spoiled by a DLP. to me there is just no comparison

Originally posted by spectacle@Nov 18 2004, 11:02 PM
better then that POS LCD you wanted a few months ago. but just FYI...

DLP > LCD or Plasma

if you're going to spend this kind of money, might as well get the best right?

but its a good buy I guess I just don't see the appeal of Plasma or LCD screens after being spoiled by a DLP. to me there is just no comparison
[post=418983]Quoted post[/post]​

That is very ture. If a dlp can fit your needs and budget, go that way. Absolutely no comparison.

DLP's are too freakin big. I couldn't possibly fit a 42" DLP where i want to put it. yeah, they aren't as thick as normal- but they all come with gay bases and shit. i dont' want that. i dig the 3.3" deep panel.

plus, flat screen will get more more pussy than a generic tv will. i'll have girls over all the time to watch moveis :D

and then i will wake up, and realize that i just had a nice dream. lol

Anyway, I just bought it.

I'll let you know how it goes once its' here.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 19 2004, 01:08 AM

plus, flat screen will get more more pussy than a generic tv will.

[post=419013]Quoted post[/post]​

you must be dreaming, right? the only pussy that TV will be seeing is bangbus season whatever. :p

Did you upgrade the warrenty? That 1 yr is pretty weak. I would be a little worried about that. Hell my 60gig Ipod Photo I just ordered comes with a 2yr standard warranty.

And on another note....Brian you must a fucking baller. You've got about 10k into the Sol and now another 3k on a plasma and a 2.5k Sir 2 on the way????????? Holy fuck man. When I get out this military if i'm doing half as good as you I'll be happy. :worthy:

Except for that whole living @ home with my parents thing :D

lol

no, i didn't upgrade the warranty. i never buy those things.
The way i figure it. if it breaks, theres local joints that can fix it for under 300 bucks.
and if its going to break, its going to in the first year i own it.
after that, in 3 years from now, i'll just upgrade anyway.

Yeah, everyone thinks im a fucking baller and all that... but my credit card has about 7k on it right now between the motor, this tv, my snow wheels/tires, etc. the del sol is getting parted out. i might have a local buyer for everything.... he came to me. money talks. if he comes through, its all gone, and i'll be n/a in both my hondas.

Back