Dell 42" Plasma TV

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LG is actually LG.Phillips

and the major hing that sucks about plasma is the picture quality degrades over time as the bulb burns out. And it's not great at display very fast action sequences. Then you also have some problems with LCD, pixles can burn out and they are great at displaying a true black colors. And I'll put bets on the fact that Dell really doesn't make anything of there own, their printers are retagged lexmarks, I don't know who supplies the plasma and LCD's for them. But it'll be some manufacturer trying to raise their bottom line.

DLP is the way to go as it is the best of plasma and lcd. Then again Samsung and LG.Phillips have just announced a way to make ultra thin CRT monitors. Things are changing to fast, a standard in technology hasn't been decided and the FCC is wondering why it's taking so long for Americans to dish out thousands of dollars to get HD capable TV sets. when better stuff is going to be made avaliable in the short future.

And without a proper acceptable standard for HD DVD's be it Blue-ray or HD-DVD.
we are going to see another Betamax VHS war.

With all this going on it's pointless to spend more than $1K on a TV that will most likley in the next year be replaced by far superior technology.

Dude, you need to stop turning into Jeremy!

Nice TV though :)

wow, i'm suprised people heard of LG, i figured they were just cheapo shit...

interesting...

i personally would have tried to get someone's discount from best buy, and then get their discount on best buy's 5 year warranty...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 19 2004, 01:43 PM
lol

no, i didn't upgrade the warranty. i never buy those things.
The way i figure it. if it breaks, theres local joints that can fix it for under 300 bucks.
and if its going to break, its going to in the first year i own it.
after that, in 3 years from now, i'll just upgrade anyway.

Yeah, everyone thinks im a fucking baller and all that... but my credit card has about 7k on it right now between the motor, this tv, my snow wheels/tires, etc. the del sol is getting parted out. i might have a local buyer for everything.... he came to me. money talks. if he comes through, its all gone, and i'll be n/a in both my hondas.
[post=419097]Quoted post[/post]​

yea yea yea blah blah blah.....you're still baller status :worthy:

although once I get another car and starts putting down some power...I will rub it in your face that your 500whp+ capable only managed a BEASTLY setup 250-275whp baaahahahahahahaha. its so ironic in so many ways I can't even begin. but until I have something of my own, I have no grounds to clown. but I will. soon as I get from this fucking desert dammit.

your failure motivates me :)

good enjoy it. i did while it lasted, but it got old fast... and its just too much money for me now. i'm growing up. i want a house. i already have two cars with b-series in them. i'm pretty fortunate. i don't need to get myself in anymore trouble anyway.

as for the other brands, too late- i bought it last night, and i'm pretty confident in my decision. i've been looking at them for a couple months now and very seriously waiting for the ebst thing to come up. This was it. I think of it like this.
I currently i have a 20" goldstart from 1982. everyone is purple. I can't read text on movies with text-overs, the left and right sides are clipped about .5" or so...
so just about ANYTHING is going to be an improvement. In the mean time, i don't need the best. I need something thats affordable, and will be at least mid-grade. I think i did good.

lol. its not an $8000 52" wega dude.
or how about the $19,999 62" samsung i think it is

haha

its midrange :)

Yeah... I guess I'm just a little butthurt cause I'm fuckin poor. I SO fuckin wish I wouldnt have went crazy on bodywork. 4200 bucks down the toilet. I don't even really want the car anymore. Pisses me off.

If I were going to buy a plasma/flat panel TV I'd probably buy the one you did. And I suppose if i were in your financial situation, I'd see it as midrange, too, B. ;)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 19 2004, 11:59 AM
good enjoy it. i did while it lasted, but it got old fast... and its just too much money for me now. i'm growing up. i want a house. i already have two cars with b-series in them. i'm pretty fortunate. i don't need to get myself in anymore trouble anyway.

as for the other brands, too late- i bought it last night, and i'm pretty confident in my decision. i've been looking at them for a couple months now and very seriously waiting for the ebst thing to come up. This was it. I think of it like this.
I currently i have a 20" goldstart from 1982. everyone is purple. I can't read text on movies with text-overs, the left and right sides are clipped about .5" or so...
so just about ANYTHING is going to be an improvement. In the mean time, i don't need the best. I need something thats affordable, and will be at least mid-grade. I think i did good.
[post=419176]Quoted post[/post]​

o sweet man, thats pimp...though i am surprised you didn't check ebay dude, they have a ton of plasmas that are brand name like sony panasonic etc.. for alot less alot with free shpping and 5yr warranties

i went through ebay a couple times a week, and nothing really struck my eye.

in other news- the carrier company just called. my sir2 motor will be arriving on monday :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 19 2004, 12:26 PM
i went through ebay a couple times a week, and nothing really struck my eye.

in other news- the carrier company just called. my sir2 motor will be arriving on monday :)
[post=419197]Quoted post[/post]​

O i haven't been kept up to speed, what project are you doing now? Whats this motor? what are you putting it in? did you sell te sol? I thought you were getting a G35 or suttin?

im putting the b16sir2 into the del sol, because im selling my turbo and turbo motor parts. see sig.
just a nice 160hp motor to putt my ass around town....nothing special. hardly a project.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 19 2004, 01:03 PM
im putting the b16sir2 into the del sol, because im selling my turbo and turbo motor parts. see sig.
just a nice 160hp motor to putt my ass around town....nothing special. hardly a project.
[post=419223]Quoted post[/post]​

all the loot you spent on the parts, your prolly loosing your shirt trying to sell all that stuff for cheap....

he is right, it is mid-range. my uncle has a stupid huge 50+ inch sony wega hd blah blah shit.... it was like 9 grand, its the sickest thing ive ever seen. period. good choice though brian, now whats the surround sound stereo setup?

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude+Nov 19 2004, 01:35 PM-->
ok, but now i'm confused, what happens to my old hatch?
[post=419243]Quoted post[/post]​

nothing. its got steelies on it, and im driving it. thats about all for now.

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Nov 19 2004, 01:57 PM
all the loot you spent on the parts, your prolly loosing your shirt trying to sell all that stuff for cheap....
[post=419265]Quoted post[/post]​

im really not selling cheap. lol people will probably bitch about my prices, but whatever. the shit has like 20 miles on it, and i took off about 15% of going rates and threw in shipping. loosing my shirt, no. the moneys been long spent man. hell, i was getting parts back when we were working together. :p

Seany-izzle
@Nov 19 2004, 01:58 PM
he is right, it is mid-range. my uncle has a stupid huge 50+ inch sony wega hd blah blah shit.... it was like 9 grand, its the sickest thing ive ever seen. period. good choice though brian, now whats the surround sound stereo setup?
[post=419266]Quoted post[/post]​

yup. i've seen those XBR's in the stores and they are hot shit... but no way am i spending 9k on a freakin tv. no way. 3k was pushing it. and pushing it a lot. but im a pussy and like to blow money. lol

I have an onkyo 601 receiver thats THX select certified powering infinty primus 360 towers, the primus center, and the primus 250 surrounds.
i'm not running a sub right now... so im 5.0 :D don't really need it. the 360's go down to the low 30Hz range. plus, when i watch movies, its usually late and my parents are sleeping, so i rarely ever crank it up much.

I think im going to upgrade my receiver at some point though. It doesn't have an HDMI input, nor a dvi. so, im stock at component video and digital co-ax for my audio cuz thats the best my dvd player has on it.

those will probably be up for sale at some point.. lol
i really want a denon receiver and dvd player. so sick. but so $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

denon is the shit, but you are right, thats alot of $$$$$ to drop. putting together a kick ass stereo is expensive.... cuz if i were to do it, id be spending about 7 grand lol

yeah, my receiver was like 800 i think and the speakers were about a G. add cables and a dvd player and im easily about 2500 bucks before the tv.... so now, make that 5500.

damn y0! i have a jdm itr priced living room :D

800 is beans for a reciever. Thats like Sears quality. If you want anything that has some real quality, your up over 2,000. My buddy has the nicest home theatre setup I've ever seen. You put this directional microphone sensing device where you sit in the room, and it adjusts all the speakers automatically so you get perfect surround. Just one feature.

and I concur about the DLP, nothing touches that shit.

Back