Dell 600M

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

For those who didnt know, Dell has a ginormus sale. Mid April they had a "take 750 off any laptop over 1500" deal. Thats 50% for those mathmatically challenage. Im about to go away to college; finished my 2 yrs at a local jr. college. I need a laptop because, well im a tech junky. Anyway I got on egay and I found this great deal. Its not the 50% but its pretty damn close.

heres a link:

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/con...c=i600mB1&s=dhs

What do you guys think? If i bought it from Dell right now, it wouldve been 1100, but i got it for 780, minus the free printer.

Oh yeah, if i pay this guy through paypal or something and he bails, would i get my money?? 780 is a big lost that i must not take. Here is the info onthe item and seller. Looks okay to me.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks in advance.

Paypal has an protection service (especially through eBay cuz they are the same company now) simular to escrow except that paypal does not hold the money for you to have time to inspect the product. Their web site should explain all about it.

I would never buy a non-Apple laptop. Everyone that I know that has a PC laptop (mostly Toshibas and Dells) has had an insane # of problems. They have had lots of hardware problems and such. So IMHO any laptop besides an Apple is a complete waste of money. Oh yeah, and they are underpowered for their cost.

Well, Apples are expensive. Im getting nervous getting this laptop because people say the Dell ones have motherboard problems and etc...

what to do...

Underpowered for cost? Its a freakin laptop. You shouldn't need processing power, you want battery life and your balls to stay cool.

Also, 512 ram should be a minimum amount these days.

And dell's fine, you bishes always overreact. "OMG IE!?!?!? How do you breathe using that browser?" "Dude, you're gettting a comp that is going to cost you 5mill to replace everything in it and rape your sister, a dell".

If you have to go PC, go with a Vaio. And dont start bitching about the price....you get what you pay for, and if you spend less than $1000 on a laptop, its going to be a piece of shit.

Well if i bought it form Dell it would be more than 1000.. haha.. Anyway, anyone else has any opinions? If the general consense is to get an Apple or whatever, I just cant afford. That probably means forget getting a laptop and just stick to a desktop for a while..

Btw, do you guys know if i can purchase additional warranty after i buy it off ebay? This is the main thing. If im limited to the 1 year warranty, ill probably stay away from it.

Dude, B, stop pushing toshibas, they're pieces of shit. My roommate's satelite has had more problems than all the dells I've seen combined...and I know about 5 people with dells (and they've all had problems).

how old is it?
the new ones are sweet and use quaility hardware.

i bet you can't even NAME the motherboard in a dell.

Originally posted by endlesszeal@May 2 2005, 11:32 AM
Well if i bought it form Dell it would be more than 1000.. haha.. Anyway, anyone else has any opinions? If the general consense is to get an Apple or whatever, I just cant afford. That probably means forget getting a laptop and just stick to a desktop for a while..

Btw, do you guys know if i can purchase additional warranty after i buy it off ebay? This is the main thing. If im limited to the 1 year warranty, ill probably stay away from it.
[post=494020]Quoted post[/post]​

I bought my dell laptop off ebay and 3 months later extended the warranty through dell

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 2 2005, 12:12 PM
how old is it?
the new ones are sweet and use quaility hardware.

i bet you can't even NAME the motherboard in a dell.
[post=494035]Quoted post[/post]​

He got it right before college, so about 7-9 months ago.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 2 2005, 07:21 AM
dell sucks. fuck them.
[post=493935]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

IBM > *

The Sonys are nice too.

i LOVE my dell CpiA 400mhz laptop. ive NEVER EVER had a problem with it. i think its 5 years old now.

I computer is a computer.. the internals need to be quality.. Everyone out there is charging for there name on the box and there tech support which you should never need to use. buy what ever brand as long as the shat inside is good

Originally posted by TurboMirage@May 3 2005, 11:51 PM
i LOVE my dell CpiA 400mhz laptop. ive NEVER EVER had a problem with it. i think its 5 years old now.
[post=494785]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats because Dell made good computers back then. Their current stuff is complete shit.

Back