Dell Laptop Issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
So i am working on this dell laptop that i;m hoping to be able to run uberdata etc on....

it runs now and seems to be ok, but the display driver is all fucked up
i only have shitty resolution and 16 color...

i am trying to get the right driver but the website has 10 for the inspiron 7500 laptop monitor and none of the ones i have tried seem to work for me

the service tag is smeared and i can;t read it and i tried to use dell's service to have it select which driver you need but that goes no where...

any suggestions?
anyone know how to find out which screen/monitor this piece of shit has?

go to your device manager, and see what kind of graphcis card you have. chances are, you don't need anything more than the default monitor driver-- its the graphics card that needs a driver.

ok it has a standard PCI graphics driver

is a video driver the same idea?

whats the easiest way to find out which card is in there?
system shows a standard card...

dell shows 3 drivers under video

well, i added the first video driver on dell's website and it came up with tiny resolution upon reboot so i think its good now

is there any way i could find out which card it actually is to make sure i do indeed have the right driver?
dell's website lists
ATI Mobility M
ATI Mobility P
QI Cinemaster Software DVD Update

and i chose the M

would it be better if i went with P? or just go with it since it works now?

dell laptops are such pieces of shit. if it works, leave it alone.

lol
thanks

so i have good resolution, good color, i got it to work on my work LAN so i have internet access, and i just got the speakers to work...

this laptop might be a piece of shit, but it does work and it will work great for ostrich, datalogging, and uberdata...

muhahahhahaha

Turbo D16Z6 is back on track finally...

Quoted post[/post]]
ok it has a standard PCI graphics driver

is a video driver the same idea?

whats the easiest way to find out which card is in there?
system shows a standard card...

dell shows 3 drivers under video

well, i added the first video driver on dell's website and it came up with tiny resolution upon reboot so i think its good now

is there any way i could find out which card it actually is to make sure i do indeed have the right driver?
dell's website lists
ATI Mobility M
ATI Mobility P
QI Cinemaster Software DVD Update

and i chose the M

would it be better if i went with P? or just go with it since it works now?

Download a copy of Knoppix, burn it to CD. Run that and go to a command prompt. Type 'more /proc/pci' and that will tell you EXACTLY what you have in that thing.

do you have the driver disk? if not you might have to download all the drivers off dell site and find the one that works

Back