Dells Suck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

halcyon985

I have a Dell X200 Laptop, nice little unit... so I got to pay my monthly bill, because of course gotta put it on credit so I dont have to wait to get it. So I figure here ill go online and pay it. I come to find out that Dell doesn't accept payments online. WTF??

THEY MAKE FUCKING COMPUTERS. They can't accept payments online? What the hell kinda shit is that? 12 year olds accept credit cards on ebay, and they can't? This is rediculous. I'm really pissed, this company used to be A-1, back in the day if I did consulting for a client, I would say buy Dell and no other, I am perosnally responsible for them earning in upwards of $200,000, which is a drop in the bucket for them, but still. Now their support sucks, they don't accept credit cards, my friend told me that in 7 out of 10 of the laptops his company owns, the hard drive has taken a shit within two years. Their desktops ship now with parts floating around inside.

To top it all off when going over my statement I realized their minimum payment is less then the interest charges. Fuckers.

So anyway, Don't buy Dell, I have no better suggestions, but don't buy Dell. Maybe this thread should have a point, so the point will be what do you guys think is the best manufacturer out there?

Oh, one comforting things is I found a support forum within dell's domain where people were just all trashing dells support and saying how dell sucks. Its comforting to know that dell is paying for the bandwidth and storage of posts that just talk shit on them. :)

Ya I used to work for Dell and thier products are shit, but my brother still works for them-in tech support (servers). Customer service is one of Dell's best assets even though they sell shit. That's pretty stupid they won't do online payments.

lol- that is pretty fucked.

I do 99% of all my money stuff onlione.... paypal, direct link to my checking account for credit card payments, etc etc

It's all about the alien ware. My grandma bought like a 3k+ dell computer w/ like dual flat panels, 3.0ghz pentium 4, etc, and yeah the usb ports don't even fucking work and they won't give her money back, so yeah she is filing against them.

Yeah I mean I have only seen one other bill, I think its the power company, that you cant just go online and pay. Other than that EVERYTHING is paid online.

It's really sad, its like losing a child. Back when I got into this shit their products were real good, reliable, and support was good. Now everything blows all around, although I will say I like the screwless cases.

Thinking about going back to Compaq/Hp. Compaq servers are the shiznit. Like Popeye's Chicken. Their desktops used to always have real weird problems, but I haven't noticed that as much anymore.

Oh and about the Alien Ware, I should mention, I usually consider the products main use to be in a business environment. Any business that needs an Alien Ware kicks ass, but unfortunetly thats a bit above the needs of most.

no, its all about newegg.com/buildityourselffor600dollarsandhaveabettercomputerthandellcanoffer

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 14 2003, 11:54 PM
no, its all about newegg.com/buildityourselffor600dollarsandhaveabettercomputerthandellcanoffer

Nah, it's all about the filename extension... hehe :p

Not into building computers as much anymore. No general support, and you run into strange problems because of interoperability problems.

I've never had any bad experiences with Dell, and as far as I've seen, they DO accept payments online with credit cards. I've pushed hundreds of thousands of dollars through Dell for UT, and their mid line products are way better than getting some chump to mass produce cheapo computers for you. I will always build computers for myself, but for a business or for a computer lab, you can't beat Dell.

I love my Dell :D
and the olny prob I have w/support is the 3 or 4 callbacks trying to find someone's english I can understand but I have that same prob w/my HP.......of course I dont buy the common ad comp so I overpay but I like the so called security of the "big guy" and the parts service is top notch.

Yeah, i wouldn't buy a brandname comp. Mine cost me 750 and it had about 10 grand worth of software already on it. Mine was also twice as good as a guy i know who spent $2300 on a Dell. Now he can't even load Kazaa on it cuz it fucks up.

Well... software piracy is your own business. Don't factor that in when you're pricing out a computer. :angry:

alienware is gay, the only thing they have is a case that people want but guess what you can buy just that case anyway and build your own.

wtf - what does your grandma do? play video games all day or something?edit videos? why would she have all that? dual monitors?

I have a dell server case, motherboard and that is it that is dell and i love it. Sliding PCI tray (has like 8 slots that slide out), very nice and easy to work on!

i've been happier w/ dells than any other PC on the market.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jul 15 2003, 01:11 AM
I have a dell server case, motherboard and that is it that is dell and i love it. Sliding PCI tray (has like 8 slots that slide out), very nice and easy to work on!

Screw Dell server cases. Go buy a straight up Palo Alto case. It's cheaper, and it doesn't have Dell's name plate glued to it. Radiators and water hoses 0wn j00.

:lol:

Back