Dells Suck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I LOVE my Lian Li case. I OH so love it.

I just need to grow a sac and paint my damn white faces on my drives to they don't stick out like sore thumbs.

Thumbscrew cases with removable drive bays, 4 fans prewired from the factory, and the ability to break it down COMPLETELY rocks. The only problem I've had so far is that when my 52x CDRW spins up, it makes a harmonic that makes one of the side panels or something vibrate slightly... I jsut gotta get in there with some silicone/foam tape. MUAHAHAHHA.

I built my system with a top of the line Asus MB, top of the line Western Digital 8md buffer HDD, all Sony Drives (Floppy, DVD, CDRW), a very decent processor and RAM, and a 19" Dell/Sony Trinitron CRT for less than $800.

Yes. I admit it. I am a brand name whore. :rolleyes:

i just picked up my new dell laptop friday, and i love it.......

Originally posted by tedwright@Jul 15 2003, 02:59 AM
i just picked up my new dell laptop friday, and i love it.......

well watch your HD in your laptop, with 7 out of 10 HD's going within two years, quality has taken a big shit. I love my laptop too, especially the design, but I worry about quality in the longrun as parts are a bitch to get for laptops especially. Oh and Calesta, they do take CC's if you want to pay for the whole thing, I have a preferred account with a credit line, I was just trying to pay a monthly bill, which you can't do. Looking to see more of peoples opinions of straight manufactuers systems, as Dell licks my asshole right about now, I wan't to go with a new manufacturer for hosts.

I suppose I could search out a computer related forum, but I figure we all seem nerdy enough to come up with a good answer. Building is out of the question as it is not economical in a business environment, and again with the interoperability of parts being an issue.... Anybody Running anything like an HP/Compaq, Gateway or any of the other biggies they want to comment on?

ive never had a problem with my dell, goign on 3 years strong now :)

edit, and of course they are goign to charge a small minimum payemnt due to the fact that they are making $$$ off you for financing it.

Pay cash for things, its better for you :)

Oh yeah I do want to make this clear that I find this to be a recent problem. Most of the people I know that also experience this say too that has been within the past 1-2 years that they have noticed this. I used to be the biggest proponent of Dell, but this recent stuff is just to much.

One thing I will say is I got an old Pentium Pro Optiplex off Ebay (10 dollars baby! :p ) and when I went on their website all the info was still up there, downloads, etc. They have old info which is more than I can say for the shitty Emachines my jackass of a brother had, finding any info on that peice of shit is impossible.

Originally posted by sisteve@Jul 15 2003, 10:52 AM
ive never had a problem with my dell, goign on 3 years strong now :)

edit, and of course they are goign to charge a small minimum payemnt due to the fact that they are making $$$ off you for financing it.

Pay cash for things, its better for you :)

Ha, no! Gimme gimme gimme. I'm just going to pay it off at a rate a lot faster then they expected to avoid as much interest as possible.

Back