1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demoted, Resigned in Protest, Fired etc

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by reckedracing, Oct 19, 2005.

1. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP

Media:
    Albums:
    you would think all this would get a little more attention and interest from the american people...

2. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Reads a lot like Clinton's southern Kills list.

Everyone in government is connected, and this article makes a LOT of assumptions.
  3. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

Holy big-ass post Batman!

Wow, got about halfway through and realized there was about 15 more paragraphs to go.

Seems to jump to waay to many conclusions. Some points are correct, while some may be circumstancial.
  4. formby

formby learning in progress

Media:
    Albums:
  5. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member

Id really like to know the source you got all of this information from. It seems like it has a lop sided view of things.
  6. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member

Media:
    I agree, I don't like Bush either, but it looks like someone put too much effort into trying to find reasons why some of these people were fired. If someone steps into office, there is always going to be a change of hands, you expect him to like everybody? What happens when a store gets a new manager or a new ceo steps into a company, same stuff happens.
  7. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss.

Media:
    Albums:
    :werd: And I'm a moderate. Where's the source? Who wrote it"? What side do they lean to? Etc. Etc. Anyone can make claims.
  8. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP

Media:
    Albums:
    oh i;m sure the article is completely leaning anti bush, and written by an anit bush person

i just found it interesting...
  9. Sabz5150

Sabz5150 FALCON PUNCH!!!

Felt that knee jerk HARD, didn't ya?

I love it when 'cons get pissed. They get funny.
  10. confusatron

confusatron Senior Member

When Clarke first published his book on the situation in the White House under Bush, it got the universal Conservative response to all information that opposes their ideology or anyone who belongs to their order: "He's lying. He's making this all up because he's angry about (insert reason here)." It's the same exact respone every single time. The army of conservatives in the media immediately attack anyone who publicly criticizes anything about what they do. And they're very good at out-shouting people, they've become professionals at it. Just look at the Con-army on Fox News Channel. Any guest who disagrees with any of the hosts (Hannity, O'Reilly) is immediately accused of being unpatriotic, shouted down, microphone is turned off, told to shut up, or are simply disconnected if they are on a satellite feed. It's ridiculous, but I do give them grudging credit for being efficient at what they do, no matter how dispicable and dishonest it is.

For a nice exposee on Fox News "Fair and Balanced" HA! check out the video "Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism." It's a must-see.
  11. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member

You guys do understand that I'd venture to say very few here know anything significant about politics. I don't see any political analysts and the only person actually involved in politics first hand on this board that I know of is Guy.

With that said, every person in politics is either a crook or a criminal, why else would they care so greatly about the only thing politics have to offer - power.

I read someone's post about Fox news supposedly fair and balanced and how its a crock. Well, look at 99.9% of all other media, do you think thats fair and balanced? Do you not understand that Fox news has a completely different side of the story because its a Republican based news station, whereas the rest of the media is controlled by Democrats? Of course the Republicans ideas are going to be outnumbered and of course Democrats are going to bombard the people with their ideas through all major media outlets, which give the outlook of politics of "Wow, 10 people are saying that Fox news is wrong...the majority MUST be right." People unconsciously use deduction and process of elimination when they simply look at the major media outlets. Ten people are saying that the Republicans are wrong, because they're all democrats or moderates, if you ask ten republicans do you think that they're going to say they're wrong?

You guys should drop the conspiracy theory because its stretching things a little too far and you shouldn't just blindly agree with what you hear. Draw your own conclusions.
  12. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I had a pretty good one given to me by a friend of mine:

"You watch. Soon, there will be no more mention of 9/11. It will disappear into memory on all the major news media outlets"

Even Fox.

Fewer and Fewer stations are allowing footage of the Tower collapse (Some people are somehow offended by it, supposedly)

The idea now seems to gather anger about being in a war against terrorist factions and terrorist supporting governments. ("out of Iraq") when the truth is, weeks after the towers fell, there was an overwhelming push to do exactly what we are doing. Syria is supposed to be next. God knows.

We had a very definate plan, and we followed through with it to the applause of the american public. We were to crush these Terrorist orgs and the sources of their support and money. We can't declare war against half of the world at once, so we pick it off piece by piece. And yes, Saudi Arabia WILL be getting theirs too. no one has forgotten about anyone.

Libya, Egypt, Syria, Iran, Uzbekistan, you name them, we'll be there. In fact, I wouldn't doubt that the US and Israel is pushing for a Palestinian state for the specific purpose of declaring war on them.