Denatured alcohol.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you can also throw in some isopropyl *rubbing* alcohol in that shizzy :)

it's also good for cooling your intake air
you just have to have an injector setup and some type of controller to spray it under certain conditions

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough+Oct 8 2003, 10:14 PM-->
@Oct 8 2003, 02:06 PM
it's also good for cooling your intake air
you just have to have an injector setup and some type of controller to spray it under certain conditions

got any proof?

It's true. Any heat applied to it will evaporate the alcohol, which then takes the heat from the intake air, thereby making it cooler.

WWII veterans use to do that with their beer.

They would bury the bottle, pour gas on it and light it on fire in the desert, it would cool off the alcohol and make it tastier. ;)

yeah a lot of the buick GN/T-Type guys use alcohol injection. to cool the intake charge

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Oct 8 2003, 05:21 PM

They would bury the bottle, pour gas on it and light it on fire in the desert, it would cool off the alcohol and make it tastier. ;)

Huh? I still don't get it, I know that alcohol takes the heat away....but lighting it on fire? doesn't that just redo what the alcohol did in the first place? Please tell me more.... :huh:

I'm a little lost too, we know that excited molecules (heated molecules) tend to fly off into space, taking with them heat from whatever they're on, but lighting a fire seems to me like adding heat to the system... which would in turn heat up the beer?

WTF? You can use fire to make your beer cold? I'm lost...someone please find me.

Originally posted by djyox+Oct 9 2003, 01:10 AM-->
sleepergtx
@Oct 8 2003, 05:21 PM

Huh? I still don't get it, I know that alcohol takes the heat away....but lighting it on fire? doesn't that just redo what the alcohol did in the first place? Please tell me more.... :huh:

Bury your bottle in the sand, poor gasoline on the sand around the bottle, light the gasoline on fire. When the fire burns, it'll evaporate the gas which uses the heat and oxygen in the sand around the bottle to burn. This in turn will cool the bottle and the liquid inside off considerably.

You can also filter clean drinking water of your piss in the desert with evaporation. :p

no, no you inject alcohol into the intake runner not into the cylinder like feul

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Oct 8 2003, 09:07 PM
Bury your bottle in the sand, poor gasoline on the sand around the bottle, light the gasoline on fire. When the fire burns, it'll evaporate the gas which uses the heat and oxygen in the sand around the bottle to burn. This in turn will cool the bottle and the liquid inside off considerably.

Sleeper, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one... burning is nothing but rapid oxidation. This means it takes oxygen from the air, and by combining with something combustible produces heat as a product. I think it would heat the beer up... but I'll ask a my physics prof. just to make sure...

Originally posted by jiahanhao+Oct 9 2003, 02:13 AM-->
sleepergtx
@Oct 8 2003, 09:07 PM

Sleeper, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one... burning is nothing but rapid oxidation. This means it takes oxygen from the air, and by combining with something combustible produces heat as a product. I think it would heat the beer up... but I'll ask a my physics prof. just to make sure...

So I guess my grandpa who did it in WWII & told me about it last night, was lying then....

<_<

Ask him though.

It'll take the oxygen from the air, but there's still oxygen in the sand, that when heated, will rise.

less dense hot air goes up /\

dense cold air goes down \/

Go for it. :thumbsup:

Just keep in mind if you do it in cold dirt it won't work the same way.

Back