1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denial a dyno tune and run!

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Teambypass, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Teambypass

Teambypass Senior Member

Finally, I had everything ready for some seriouse tuning and for dyno. but the guys at the shop told me that since I had an engine light on, its better that I fix the engine light first. They offer to fix my wirring for $250 before doing the tunning. I am not an expert on hooking up wires and I had to admited that my wires wont looking good, but at least my car runs, only the engine light on. the engine check is traced to an O2 sensor. What do you guys think, should I go ahead and do the tunning with the engine light on or fix it before doing it. thanks....check for my signature for mods if interested!

2. sk8er602

sk8er602 Senior Member

Just fix what ever problems you are having be for you even think of tuning it.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

you can't tune a car thats running like shit.

if you have codes, you shouldn't be near a dyno.

4. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

:withstupid: and you already answered your question, they're not going to let you tune it until it's running properly in the first place.

get it running right --> tune it --> run it.

5. Teambypass

Teambypass Senior Member

the car is running perfectly fine and the reason its not running to its potential is because its not tuned. the engine light was traced to an 02 sensor. thanks for all the tips, but I will redo my wires this weekend to make sure all the wires have good connection. thanks

6. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

You can't tune a car that has a problem in the o2, since air/fuel is a big part of tuning.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted