Denver Voters OK Marijuana Possession

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Another benefit to CA not having any state police :p

i can eventually see something like what has happened in montreal
its just decriminalized... still not "legal" but no one really cares about a personal stash or personal use... you can walk down the street puffing a joint and all the cops really do is make you throw it in the storm drain or something
but at the same time if they catch you with weight you will be arested

Quoted post[/post]]
sooooooooooooooo basicly this means nothing, you will still get busted.. whats the point?

the Denver Metro Police Dept cant do anything, but the Colorado State Troopers can... wow so while they have you pulled over or standing at your house they can simply call the Staties and bust you..
:laugh: its pointless, We vote to make it legal but still government says :tisk: :no:

Quoted post[/post]]
i can eventually see something like what has happened in montreal
its just decriminalized... still not "legal" but no one really cares about a personal stash or personal use... you can walk down the street puffing a joint and all the cops really do is make you throw it in the storm drain or something
but at the same time if they catch you with weight you will be arested
all of canada is lax.
I fully agree with our laws but i beleive they could be better. The cops have searched, and found a quater on me, multiple times. An older cops will ask you what it is for tec then send you on you way with your dope. A rookie will stomp on it and then telll you what he could do to you ect. If they were all on the same page it would be great

Too bad most citizens are too fucking stupid to make correct decisions about eating, let alone drug useage. Now that doesn't mean I'm not all for the legalization of pot....I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Quoted post[/post]]
Too bad most citizens are too fucking stupid to make correct decisions about eating, let alone drug useage. Now that doesn't mean I'm not all for the legalization of pot....I'm just playing devil's advocate.
i see where you are going with this
ill play along
first off i agree with blanco on the whole personal responsibility thing
[rant]if you drink too much or do too many drugs or are just a fuck up in general, its no ones fault but your own... i know plenty of people who drink regularly or smoke weed regularly, or do other shit regularly that are successful and functioning members of society... i also know people who do those things and are complete fuck ups... but i know plenty of people who dont drink and dont do drugs who are fuck ups too... stop blaming outside shit for you being a fuck up!!!!![/rant]

if pot was legalized, it would be put under an even bigger microscope than it is now... groups would come out of the woodwork and point out every fucking thing they could find (or make up) as a negative effect of pot on individuals or on society as a whole... they would dig up studies and figures and start trying to twist them to look like they werent that way or didnt exist before pot was legalized... they would dig up some pot smoking jackoff loser fuck and have him saying that he wasnt this way untill pot was legalized, and that the legal status of pot made him the loser he is today.... they would get on every fucking TV spot possible spouting shit like that... being that society as a whole is a bunch of non thinking morons, they will take what is spoon fed to them by the media and start voicing opposition to the legal status of weed... then you would start seeing politicians rethinking their stance on the issue... not because of how they actually feel but based solely on how they think the voters will like them to think (because we all know politicians dont think for themselves EVER)... then the lawyers would start trying to make a buck on the whole thing anyway they could... the whole thing would be a fucking disaster

damn, this has turned into another legalizing pot thread. legalization of pot would:

A) Reduce criminal activity - not as much drug dealing because you would be able to buy it at any store, simliar to ABC Liquor stores. Notice I said "not as much," meaning I know it would not completely stop it.

:cool: Standardize potency and level of purity - gov't would be able to regulate "lacing" and no to mention with gov't testing these could cross breed through experimentation under scientific conditions to make better breeds.

C) Control it. The gov't would be able to control who and who does not buy MJ. Being controlled similar to alcohol (have to be 21, need photo ID, etc) it would make it harder for underage kids to obtain.

Flame away.

damn B ) smiley

Quoted post[/post]]
A) Reduce criminal activity - not as much drug dealing because you would be able to buy it at any store, simliar to ABC Liquor stores. Notice I said "not as much," meaning I know it would not completely stop it.
reduction in criminal activity would be somewhat subjective... yes there would be less sale and possession infractions, but every single thing that could possibly be tied in with or blamed on marijuana use would be... people crash their car, mj is in their system from 2 fucking weeks ago, guess what the cause of the accident will be... some pot head ends up beating his wife, guess what the cause will be... some thug gangster m0f0 robs a gas station, guess what the cause will be... etc etc etc etc

Quoted post[/post]]
B ) Standardize potency and level of purity - gov't would be able to regulate "lacing" and no to mention with gov't testing these could cross breed through experimentation under scientific conditions to make better breeds.
i dont see better breeds comming out of the government, but you would see some insane shit comming out of is if this ended up going to the private sector, like alcahol and cigarettes, then you would start seeing some crazy shit :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
C) Control it. The gov't would be able to control who and who does not buy MJ. Being controlled similar to alcohol (have to be 21, need photo ID, etc) it would make it harder for underage kids to obtain.
this is just crazy... i mean come on... show me someone over 15 and under 21 who doesnt know how and where to get alcahol any time they want it (or under 18 for cigarettes)

Back