Desktop Dyno 2000

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IDMaxGuy

Does anyone have some good files for the program, like cam files, intake files etc. ive had the prgram for a while and never really been able to have a lot of fun with it.

it will not be acurate regardless of what info you feed it so why waste the time ????

desktop dyno is kinda cool in a way that you can see how changing cam profiles or intakes effects things. I'd say if you can plug in all the variables associated with a car it will produce answers within 10-15% of an actual dynomometer.

but that is still way too far off

lets say you are actually putting out 180whp
this thing is going to give you numbers between 153 and 207whp
thats a window of 54hp
i can do the figuring in my head and get closer than that

I just think its cool cause it shows you what things WILL give you more HP and how much of a difference different things make, like i dont have to go out and spend $3,000 on a turbo setup only to find out that for the same price i could have had and extra 50 hp if I would have known that turbo was better for that particular setup.

^ that's what I was trying to say .

I was not being literal. I mean if I wanted to make my car go fast i would buy some APC and Type R stickers...

Desktop Dyno is pretty accurate for V6 and V8 OHV domestic engines, which is what the program was originally geared for. I wouldn't trust it for anything else.

Back