DESPERATE FOR HELP...[H22]

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KoolTrix

Hey Guys...
Here's the scoop..
A good friend of mine has a Prelude with a recentlyswapped built H22.
However...he can't get his ECU to co-operate with his Engine.
He's done went through 2 Computers, including a rebuilt one.
The problem reading is a CODE 13. "Barometer" I think he said it was.
He said it's not allowing his vtec to run. I have no clue...he's sent it to a few honda shops. They dont have a clue...Does anyone have any suggestions?

If so, either repost this thread, or even better contact me through one of the following...

AIM- KoolTrix
Yahoo - KoolTrix ( @yahoo.com )
MSN - KoolTrix ( @hotmail.com )

I appreciate it...thanks.

well, you might wanna check the wiring. Most prelude wiring harnesses dont have VTEC wired into them. You might need to hard wire the vtec solenoid and pressure switch into the ECU. Code 13 shouldnt keep you out of VTEC. The bar sensor is in the ECU (i think...it is in most) so if you are getting a code 13 it is an ECU problem.

Quoted post[/post]]
well, you might wanna check the wiring. Most prelude wiring harnesses dont have VTEC wired into them. You might need to hard wire the vtec solenoid and pressure switch into the ECU. Code 13 shouldnt keep you out of VTEC. The bar sensor is in the ECU (i think...it is in most) so if you are getting a code 13 it is an ECU problem.

Correct Reiko.

I checked the Helms, since I wasn't sure. The troubleshooting guide said to check the code, then erase. If the code pops up again, to replace the ECU with a known good one.

:shrug2: I can't believe that you have so many bad ECU's. I'd try plugging one of those ECU's into a known good car. See if the same code pops up. I can't explain your problem......

theres deffinately gotta be some wrong wiring somewhere man.....2 bad ECU's.....possible but not likely. follow the law of engine swapping....check, check, check, and recheck everything!!!

Back