desperately need help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sharber

i have a JDM B16a OBD-0 DOHC V-TEC engine in my 90' civic HB

and i live in california and it will not pass the smog laws here without an OBD-1 USDM intake manifold [with all sensors] and a USDM ECU

or if anyone knows where to locate a complete ready to run B16a OBD-1 SHORTBLOCK engine please PM me or email me at josh.sharber@gmail.com

i also need some more advice on how to pass emission and smog laws in california...if anyone lives there please help!

NEED HELP ASAP! THANKYOU IN ADVANCED!

Last edited:
im not quit sure about the CA laws, but I do know that JDM motors are missing the EGR . Sorry I couldnt be anymore help

b16s dont come with an EGR..

if you havent already.. make an appointment at the local BAR station by calling this # (800) 622-7733 .. tell the lady on the phone you need to make an appointment to get an engine change inspected by the referee.. pay $30 and he'll tell you everything that needs to be done to smog.. do what he says.. and return (you get a free retest, upon passing you pay another $8.25 for smog certificate) .. they smog it there so you wont need to go to a smog station after that

i've bar'd a JDM b16 no problem.. all you need is the correct emissions equipment, which the ref will tell you what you need exactly

thankyou soo very much, i dont know what i would have done without honda swap,lol

hopefully i can find an intake and an ecu, or maybe i'll get lucky and have to buy inexpensive things

Back