1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

desperately need help!

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by sharber, Sep 18, 2007.

1. sharber

sharber New Member

i have a JDM B16a OBD-0 DOHC V-TEC engine in my 90' civic HB

and i live in california and it will not pass the smog laws here without an OBD-1 USDM intake manifold [with all sensors] and a USDM ECU

or if anyone knows where to locate a complete ready to run B16a OBD-1 SHORTBLOCK engine please PM me or email me at josh.sharber@gmail.com

i also need some more advice on how to pass emission and smog laws in california...if anyone lives there please help!

NEED HELP ASAP! THANKYOU IN ADVANCED!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  2. Eros2180

Eros2180 New Member

im not quit sure about the CA laws, but I do know that JDM motors are missing the EGR . Sorry I couldnt be anymore help

3. Eros2180

Eros2180 New Member

4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

b16s dont come with an EGR..

if you havent already.. make an appointment at the local BAR station by calling this # (800) 622-7733 .. tell the lady on the phone you need to make an appointment to get an engine change inspected by the referee.. pay $30 and he'll tell you everything that needs to be done to smog.. do what he says.. and return (you get a free retest, upon passing you pay another $8.25 for smog certificate) .. they smog it there so you wont need to go to a smog station after that

5. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

i've bar'd a JDM b16 no problem.. all you need is the correct emissions equipment, which the ref will tell you what you need exactly

6. sharber

sharber New Member

thankyou soo very much, i dont know what i would have done without honda swap,lol

hopefully i can find an intake and an ecu, or maybe i'll get lucky and have to buy inexpensive things

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted