Detination Really Bad....Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95civic2nr16

aight....i have a d16z6......stock bottom and top end....just put my turbo on last weekend and it is just now starting to detinate real bad.

i have the stock feul injectors, walbro 255lph feul pump, vafc, to a t28 DSM turbo running 10psi. it doesnt detinate till i reach high rpms and floor it.

i really just dont know how to set the vafc, i also have 450cc DSM injectors but i have yet to put them in....

yeah, use the 450 injectors. with that much boost, you need to get more fuel. you shouldn't be reving past 4000 rpms even with the vafc turned completly up. also, the stock fuel pressure regulator might not bee lean enough with 450 injectors, I am using an aem turned a little below stock fuel pressure and still have the vafc tuned to lean on idle. play around with it a little and fugure it out. do you have a a/f gauge. its not the best thing to tune with, but it is betteer then nothing. don't drive it hard until its turned, or kiss the motor goodbye

Darin

STOP DRIVING YOUR CAR you moron. you think you can just put a turbo on a factory NA car and it will majically run fine?

As quoted from the autometer site on their a/f gauges:
During wide open throttle (throttle opening greater than 80% as indicated by the throttle position sensor) the A/F ratio will be forced rich by the PCM for maximum power. During this time the oxygen sensor outputs a voltage that corresponds to a rich A/F ratio. But the PCM ignores the oxygen sensor signal because it is not accurate for indicating exactly what the A/F ratio is in this range. The PCM is now in open loop, and relies on factory programmed maps to calculate what the on time of the fuel injectors should be to provide a rich A/F ratio for maximum power. The A/F ratio meter should indicate rich during this time.

Basically what that's telling you is that their gauge is useless at WOT. I really don't know why everyone pulls these so much.

just curious... how does that have anything to do with this thread? and btw, no one thinks that the autometer type a/f gauges that use the stock o2 sensor are good for anything.

Originally posted by ndogg@Jun 9 2004, 03:16 PM
just curious... how does that have anything to do with this thread?

lol.

Originally posted by K2e2vin+Jun 9 2004, 04:18 PM-->
Originally posted by ndogg@Jun 9 2004, 03:16 PM
just curious... how does that have anything to do with this thread?

lol.

Because something was mentioned about tuning with an a/f gauge
darwins_vtech

yeah, use the 450 injectors. with that much boost, you need to get more fuel. you shouldn't be reving past 4000 rpms even with the vafc turned completly up. also, the stock fuel pressure regulator might not bee lean enough with 450 injectors, I am using an aem turned a little below stock fuel pressure and still have the vafc tuned to lean on idle. play around with it a little and fugure it out. do you have a a/f gauge. its not the best thing to tune with, but it is betteer then nothing. don't drive it hard until its turned, or kiss the motor goodbye

Darin

HAHA , speaking for my freind 95Civic2nr16 last week he blew 2 bigass holes in his 2 and 4th cylinder walls out of his block , to all noobs check your oil levels running a turbo and use proper fuel managment , ill get pics soon and post em up

Back