DH - Racing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

Hi,

I was planning on purchasing an intake manifold and I was strolling around online and came across Dh-Racing.. It seems they know what they are doing and The manfold/TB is 500 bucks stating garunteed 25 hp with porting your stock manifold..

Anyone have any experiance with this company?

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Aug 4 2004, 01:16 PM
Hi,

I was planning on purchasing an intake manifold and I was strolling around online and came across Dh-Racing.. It seems they know what they are doing and The manfold/TB is 500 bucks stating garunteed 25 hp with porting your stock manifold..

Anyone have any experiance with this company?
[post=372546]Quoted post[/post]​

The HP claims alone should tell you they are full of shit.

Well It doesn't seem like a place that would rip you off the guy that owns it has set alot of records and they seem they know what they are talking about..

You don't think you can get 25hp from a ported manifold along with a bored TB?

I thought It sounded possible.. maybe I'm too gullible

DH-racing does some ok stuff. But every thing that they sell they over state the horsepower gain by almost double. 25 HP on a slightly modified engine is not possible just from an intake manifold and tb.

on a 500 hp motor, sure it will make 25 hp.

on your DIY boosted z6 makeing about 200, don't count on it.

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Aug 4 2004, 01:31 PM
Well It doesn't seem like a place that would rip you off the guy that owns it has set alot of records and they seem they know what they are talking about..

You don't think you can get 25hp from a ported manifold along with a bored TB?

I thought It sounded possible.. maybe I'm too gullible
[post=372553]Quoted post[/post]​

Not on an NA or low boosted 4cyl.

You can only open up and reshape the stock manifold so much, and even then its doubtfully the bottleneck.

Just because he set a lot of records doesn't mean he isn't an asshole. ;)

Well first off i know someone who purchased it for a 90 crx with a b16. He got the ported and polished b-16 im and a portmatched 74mm tb to a 68mm taper. I just thought about getting a type-r im and just geting a bigget tb. But then you have to have it portmatched and yada yada yada... But anyway he wasnt impressed buy it at all. There are too many holes for vacuum lines on it so you have to plug some of them up. And the directions even told you to plug the ones you dont need. Base line a b16 should dyno around 135-140 (not exact). And when he got his car dynoed with like type-r cams, adjustable cam gears, lightned ctr crank pulley, dc header, aem hybrid intake, b&m fpm, tanabe exhaust, hondata and an itr valvetrain it put down like 182 at the wheels with 2 hours of tuning. So i highly doubt all the other mods only added 17hp. I think DH is a crock and i stand by my word. I would go with a skunk 2 im but thats my .02...

Back