1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*>DHL

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by loserpunkx182, Sep 20, 2005.

1. loserpunkx182

loserpunkx182 Senior Member

i've only had things shipped to me two times with DHL and both were negative experiences.

1st time - the package came the day they said it was suppose to be here..the truck guy dropped my package 5 houses down. i had to walk over to my neighbors house and ask for my package back. the house number was clearly written on the package and marked on the houses by the door. it was also a nice sunny day out so there should not have been this confusion on house numbers.

2nd time (current) - i am now waiting for another package. it said it was suppose to be here last friday....it is tuesday now i called and they said it should be here today at 12pm the latest...it's 1pm their tracking site is horrible and still reads information from the shipped date and that's it. they are saying it should be here tomorrow the latest now...we'll see

this has never happened with fedex, ups or even usps with me. i know others had problems with those companies but i've only had DHL twice and both were bad experiences. never again.

DHL :blink:

2. swanny

swanny Senior Member

I just read this on HT to, Try writing an e-mail to them and see if they give you any freebies.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

i ship dhl all the time... i've never had 1 problem.

hell, i dropped Ian's head off at 530pm, and he had it at 10am the next day, 5 states away, sent generic ground.

4. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Thats only impressive if your state has more than 10 square miles :p

I haven't worked with dhl.. UPS is becoming a favorite of mine, they used to be really rough on packages, but lately that seems to have cleared up. I LOVE their tracking system, too.

5. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

I was gonna say - west of the mississippi river, unless you've got a jet or a wormhole, you aren't getting ANYTHING across 5 states overnight. God damn new englanders. You people have no idea how far apart everything is out here. :p

6. Speedracer228

Speedracer228 ......

you still havent gotten ur hood yet mario? id be pissed

I usually use fedex or ups

dhl sucks a big one

7. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

oh it's a hood? Yeah - DHL sucks for large items. It took a friend of mine 4 weeks to get a hood via DHL ground. He went through the same BS.

8. ripperbone

ripperbone angry bear

I use dhl all the time and have no problems, even sent B some injectors in a rail, it took 2 days on ground, i sent vtecpower a bracket and only took 2 days, have send several item to jojo up in buffalo and only took 2 days, for ground shipment to only take two days is :thumbsup: in my book, plus dhl is cheaper than fedex or ups.

dhl does suck for large packages like a hood, I use eagle for hoods and such

9. 93vicb16a2

93vicb16a2 WHATS CRACKIN??

i used dhl to get a bumper cover buth front fenders hood and they got here 1 day early

10. 94CivicSlow

94CivicSlow Senior Member

You want to know the truth about DHL? I bought a VIS hood that shipped through DHL. IT was 10 days late. Shipped to the wrong address, my neighbors 4 houses down and again, clearly marked.. and guess what... well.. see for yourself:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

so, they wrapped a CF hood in some plasticy/foam paper and put it in a box?

looks like crappy packing more than shipping fault IMO.

you ALWAYS need to pack it like its getting delivered by Ace Ventura.

12. corvetteguy

corvetteguy Senior Member

Yeha we switched to DHL at work, its much better and more reasonbly priced...i shipped something out yesterday for overnight by noon next day the person got it around 10:30sih today

13. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

i haven't had any problems with fedex, ups or dhl...

my only complaint about UPS is that the packages always look like they got drug down a dusty ass dirt road for 10 miles... if you've ever gotten a ups package and held it up against your body i quarantee you'll never do that again, unless you like buying new clothes all the time...

14. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

DHL has been very reliable into Mexico for us at work, and I have never had 1 problem with a personal shipment (although I've only had about 5 personal). :shrug2:

15. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

yea ive had no problems with DHL either.

asside from having B's old head shipped to me (which i was blow away that it came less then 24 hous), i shipped a transmission from MD to MS and it only took a few days and only cost like 50 bucks.

DHL seems to be awesome if you dont live in the middle of nowhere

16. starboy869

starboy869 Senior Member

So far I think DHL is OK for coming into Canada.

Sure my package out held up in there storage place for 2days because www.outpost.com messed up my shipping address.

I haven't picked the package up yet, but I know it's being held at a purolator office in Toronto.

17. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

OUCH.. FUCKING OUCH.. Have you thrown the bitch fit yet?

18. dveit

dveit Well-Known Member VIP

:lmao:

19. 94CivicSlow

94CivicSlow Senior Member

Anyone that has got a VIS hood before knows they come packaged extremely well. Is foam edged, with foam paper, with pop corn, in a box that is inside a box that is inside one massive box.

The shipping company was LATE, shipped it to the wrong address, denied shipping it to the wrong address, damaged the item in the process, and its been months trying to get my claim in with them.

YES, I did throw a bitch fit the day I received it. ANYone would. I went t oall my neighbors asking them where my fucking hood is, and I know they have it. FUckin liars.

DHL is worthless.

[​IMG]

20. DarkHand

DarkHand Senior Member VIP

The DHL guy that delivers stuff to me here at work has been telling me that several planes have been late recently. Don't know what area you're in but that's at least delaying things that get delivered from, to, or through the Chicago area.

UPS has these black rubber/fiber conveyor belts they use to move everything around, presumably some high grip material. But if something slips on the belt for even an instant it gets coated in the stuff. And things slip constantly. When I worked there I would come home covered in it. :p

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted