diagnostic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94_gs-r

can you say 260 whp N/A??
i just put the engine back into my car after building the block i have put 100 miles on it and the check engine light comes on it feels weak and powerless also at no matter what rpm im in if i put the pedal all the way down it sounds like the vtec is trying to kick in, i want to check to see what codes im throwing but i cant find the plug... chiltons says its either above the ecu or center console way under the dash i couldn't find it. neither could my mechanic, i need to find that and put a conductor (like a paper clip) in there so i can read the codes... can you help me find it?

ok i totally understand you ... took me 2 months to figure it out ... if you sitting in the passenger seat.. look at the glove box ... directly under the glove box door will be two plug ins.... one blue with 2 wires and one orange with 3 wires... unplug the blue one jump the plug and the start dianogis.......that should set you straight ... is not on the floor... under door of glove box

ok i found them but there both blue but as you said one with 2 wires one with 3
now i jump it and how do i read the code.. is there a pattern?

ok jump the one with a paper clip...with 2 wires... key in the ignition turn to acc where check engine lightcomes on .... wait and it will flash once than pause then flash twice than pause.... then the code begins.. count the number of flashes .. when it pauses that was the fist number of the code .. then it will flash again .. count those . and that will be your code ..... then it resets by using a code 12... the fisrt number of they code is the slower flash the second the faster flash.....

does the problem have to be fixed in order for it to move onto the next one?
its telling my my knock sensor is bad, i took it out and its broke.. shipping for a new one will take a while though, how do i know if there are any other codes?

well when the code is giving it will give all codes... not just one ....to reset the ecu.... some models rrequire to take out ecu fuse under hood... and some like my accord i have to take out the radio fuse ..... ecu should be 15amp and radio is 10 amp... but when the code is giving ... all codes will display then the restet code will occur..... one flash then pause then 2 flash

so i had 2 short flashes followed by 3 fast ones, it would be my knock sensor, and it repeated that one about 7 times, so is the the only code im blowing?

if thats all your that your getting than thats the only problem ...you should make sure that you buy a honda knock sensor and not a cheap aftermarket... you should be ble to get that in 3 days tops

its a p72, i did some more reading and i guess my car runs like shit because its in safe mode

Back