Did 93 del Sols come with 2 diffrent keys?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
I'm driving a 93 del Sol and when I acquired the car, the owner gave me 2 keys, one for the trunk, and another for the rest of the car. Every other honda I have ever had has only had one key except for this one. Did all 93 del Sol's come like this, or did some previous owner just switch the lock?

The reason why I ask, I locked my keys in the trunk, and since its a 93 there is no trunk release in the passenger compartment. I had a spare normal key but none for the trunk so right now, the trunk is off limits. I know a way to get in the trunk, but it will leave a scar. If they did come with 2 keys, then I can go to the dealer and have them cut one from the VIN, but before I make the trip, I wanted to see if anyone knew.

To me it sounds like someone added a new Trunk lock cylinder and that is why you have two keys. In other words the only way to get a second key is to get the one out of the trunk and get a copy of it.

Well, it sounds like you need to get into the trunk.

No honda that I know of uses two seperate keys for the trunk and doors. That just doesn't make sense.

Nope, only one. A lock and/or ignition was replaced.

My key doesnt work for mine, but i have a release but its a hatch anyway, i love hatches.

yes I have a 97 sol si and I have 2 keys also, the one is a master key the oval one and flat at the top, and the round one is used for valay parking, because you cant open the trunk if or the rear bins with the round key if you lock them with the master key

the master is on the right, but they look almost identical as far as the cut on the key. The master is shaved down just a little bit more for the tumbulers in the lock
picture-4alt3t6e8.jpeg

Yea the valay keys were on later del Sol's, but on 93's it was only one. Talked to honda and they couldn't find a record of the rear trunk cylinder being replaced, so they had no clue what code it was. So I ended up drilling a hole behind the license plate so I could push the rod up and open the trunk. I now have made doubles of the truck key.

Just so you know you can buy Trunk lock cylinders anywhere like Autozone or Pep Boys. I'm just saying that you don't have to get them through Honda. I am glad to hear that you got it out though.

Back