did a DPFI to MPFI swap need abit of help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i did the swap on friday. then had to leave it un-finish'd until sat. morning before the races! when i finish'd it start'd right up it had a rough idling problem at 1st and it was smoking bad(black smoke). and had a code 10(AIT sensor).

so i check'd all the hose's making sure there was no air leak-there was 1 fix'd it help'd the idleing abit,
the TPS-fine, the timing(dizzy)-it help'd abit,
check'd to make sure the injector's were not stuck wide open-they weren't,
check'd and check'd all my wiring- all good,
pull'd the spark plug's-they were cover'd in ALOT of oil!! clean'd them up. then notice'd ALOT of oil in the TB and IM. so i pull'd off the PCV hose off the IM. and clean'd up the TB and IM. star'd it up again and the idle was better. it didn't have black smoke as bad(alittle still). i play'd with the idle screw got the idle down. i then pull'd the plugs again. to see if they had oil all over them still. they didn't!! so i put the news in. i then took off the AIT sensor off the DPFI IM and put it on the new IM and clear'd the ecu. start'd it up still have code 10!?! no clue on that one!?!

so the car runs. idle is a tad rough. but nothing bad. there's a "hiccup" sorta say!! i have the PCV hose un-connect'd to the IM still and the nipple off the IM is block'd off!?! the car smoke's still but not bad(blackish). still have the code 10!?! and i was told today that the gas mileage sucks ass!! other then that it's all good!

if anyone knows any fix's for the problem's that the car has hook me up!!

ECU Code 10- IAT Sensor (Intake Air Temperature) defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor. I would try switching your left over plug with the plug you have in your IAT. That gave me a code once and I think it was code 10 (not exactly sure as that was a while ago). Also try replacing your PCV valve as they should be replaced every now and then, and as I recall the PCV valve is fairly cheap.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 4 2004, 01:59 PM
Why is every past-tense verb spelled with 'd instead of ed?
[post=398074]Quoted post[/post]​

thats how i write it! i didn't think i need'd to have perfect grammer and shit to write on a website!?! <_< :blink:

It just seemed...well...needless. I mean, you use an apostraphe to shorten the spelling or pronunciation of a word: shouldn't, weren't, it's, etc. If you type a ' instead of typing an e, you're not really doing anything productive, right? Ehhh, it's just my Grammar Nazi coming through.

Also, using correct spelling and grammar helps here just as much as it does in school or in your career. I tend to more fully read a post (and post a more thought-out response) if it contains well-written content, as opposed to "yo i just swaped in a h22 and i wuz wondering which dizzy i should be using".

well i think my grammer is just fine. i'm not trying to be JDMyo!!!LOL

just read in between the ( ' ) and help me out. hehe

As I said, it's just the Grammar Nazi in me. I'm the unofficial proofreader of documents that leave our office, and I tend to help out most of my friends/family when they've got a paper due for school.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.....

Back