Did Activision kill the Call of Duty Franchise?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pretty hardcore article.

id say fuck activision...but ummm...i only play 2 games....and they happen to publish both...

well, i wont be playing cod as much when gt5 comes out. you have to understand, ive played through every single gran turismo that has come out and every time, the game doesnt leave my playstation until im at %100 completion.

lol yeah i hear you I used to be huge on GT, I also played all except gt5 prologue, i got tired of gt 5 being pushed back and back so i moved on to forza,

and since i got battlefield bad company 2 it will be some time before i get back on MW2

i've played a ton of fm3.. still have a ton more to play before i finish it 100%

I have been playing Mass Effect 2 lately and getting caught up on Lost. I will probably fire up some MW 2 this evening.

Back to the topic at hand however. Looks like FourZeroTwo / Robert Bowling has left IW from a few rumors. IW is going to disintegrate more than likely. Most of the key players are probably going to leave and form another company and go from there. Which may be the smart move. Most of the hardcore fans are going to purchase whatever else they decide to make. Bungie went through something very similar to this but they where able to buy out of their contract in a more reasonable fashion.

IW is going to disintegrate more than likely. Most of the key players are probably going to leave and form another company and go from there. Which may be the smart move. Most of the hardcore fans are going to purchase whatever else they decide to make.

So should we watch for "Present Day Military Conflict III" hitting the shelves sometime in 2011 or 2012? :D

I am betting they go work for Respawn Entertainment. That would be a huge fuck you to Activision. Mass exodus from IW to basically recreate IW under a different banner. From listening to the Bungie Podcast I have a feeling that IW hated the fact that they sold their soul to EA. Bungie was lucky enough to buy out of Microsoft. However they did lose all rights to the Halo IP. Reach is going to be their last Halo title :(

But I am super pumped for the beta! Reach looks amazing. I am a huge fan of the Halo universe in general. I have read most of the books even.

Last edited:
i'll be playing the beta on Monday after my buddy gets out of work.. he bought odst, i didnt.. lol

I bought ODST the day of release. Still have not beat it on Legendary yet though...

i have.. :D and i only borrowed it..

i've finished most of the achievements except for firefights

Last edited:
i cant wait till gran turismo 5 comes out and i can just forget about call of duty all together.

even though i'm bias towards xbox, i think gt5 will be better than fm3. they are rendering the cars at a whole level higher than xbox. but the thing is, there is still no game. fm3 pushed to be out holiday season '09 and to beat gt5 to the markets. you may have a superior product, but it means shit if you aren't selling it.

You think they're all going to end up at EA too?

i would think they would, except for EA is based in canada. if they were based in cali, it would probably be done already.;

even though i'm bias towards xbox, i think gt5 will be better than fm3. they are rendering the cars at a whole level higher than xbox. but the thing is, there is still no game. fm3 pushed to be out holiday season '09 and to beat gt5 to the markets. you may have a superior product, but it means shit if you aren't selling it.

by the time they do release it, FM4 will be out and will have stepped it up once again...

by the time they do release it, FM4 will be out and will have stepped it up once again...

lets hope so. i don't see the team at turn 10 going through many changes though. they have some internal issues to work out.

also, why in the hell doesn't fm3 show the tracks when selecting a race. unlike some people, i dont' remember every track by it's name. i would like to see a picture of it.

Back