did i bend a valve

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blink1_8_2dude

ok ive have been running a b18b ecu on my gsr mtor becuase i am working out the difficulties with my p72 ecu but i need to have a mode of transportation. Alright i really dont take the car over 4k rpms but sometimes ill gun it to 6k but only rarely. Anyway what im tryin to ask is whenevr my rpms drop or raise i hear a rattle coming from my engine bay, so what do yal think did i bend a valve or???????? and what are some sympotoms of a bent valve?

are you sure its from the motor? it should do it when your lookin in the engine bay and reving it! you might have a bracket on the firewall or something loose and making it sound like its ticking and what not! I had the same thing happen the other day

Most likely, if ur talking about a b18 in an integ, you got a loose header cover plate or the lower plate over the cat. area. Thats purdy common on tegs. If ur wondering about ur valves? It would be more of a tick then a rattle. Like in a wind up clock. Tick, tick, tick ever 2 seconds or something ...constant and always in a repetition.

Originally posted by dang civic@Oct 27 2003, 11:20 PM
Most likely, if ur talking about a b18 in an integ, you got a loose header cover plate or the lower plate over the cat. area. Thats purdy common on tegs. If ur wondering about ur valves? It would be more of a tick then a rattle. Like in a wind up clock. Tick, tick, tick ever 2 seconds or something ...constant and always in a repetition.

That sounds about right! let is know dude!

double posting owns you.

i had a loose rod bearing in my old 240. its still loose.

On older preludes, the down pipe is made with two pipes

An inside pipe, and an outside pipe. It is used in order to keep heat from transfering directly into the engine bay, and dampen sound level.

it looks like this
s3f9ef8fcef46b.jpg

If the botom of your down pipe is bent, it could be hitting the inner pipe causeing a rattle.

Im not sure if yours is designed like this, but it is a POSSIBE reason.

Check out this site to help you better understand what im talking about
http://www.ludespeed.com/products/prelude/...xfix/index.html

EDIT: if you attempt this and cut a huge hole in your header/downpipe, i am NOT at fault.

Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Oct 28 2003, 04:47 AM
double posting owns you.

:eek:fftopic: The site's been acting up it seems like the past few days...double posting, being rather slow, not letting me post at all and then returning a flood error...weird.

:eek:ntopic: I dunno. :shrug2:

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Oct 28 2003, 06:26 PM-->
Green92HatchDX
@Oct 28 2003, 04:47 AM
double posting owns you.

:eek:fftopic: The site's been acting up it seems like the past few days...double posting, being rather slow, not letting me post at all and then returning a flood error...weird.

:eek:ntopic: I dunno. :shrug2:

I just posted something about that in the Members lounge..... hmmmmmmmm :hmm:

Back