did i choose the right motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jinstuh

at first i was gonna do the b20/turbo setup and the guy that was gonnna get the motor for me didn't come through so i found a fulllly built LS/VTEC on ebay..i mean it was fulllllllyyy built it had basically everything damn thing. the thing is he was selling it for 4500 and sorta sounded fishy to me...so i found someone local and got different ls/vtec with a type r head and fully built bottom block for 3000 and a type r tranny for 1000. the motor came with everything needed for a swap including the axles. total 4000! was it worth it? did i make the right choice? please tell me what ya'll think

yeah i think you did make a bad choice. Either way, you wouldn't have built the motor, which takes all the fun out of it. Not to mention you don't know if they're bullshiting or if they torqued the fuck out of the motor. Best way is to build a stock motor yourself, IMO of course.

Some dude sold my buddy a "fully built" B20/vtec. :bs: Shit broke and kept braking and is still broke. Bad motor mounts, stock cams, stock pistons.

The thing was supposed to be a re-built bottom end and a port and polished B16 head with cams, :bs: stock as a MO-FO.

New 4 puck clutch, :bs: it was used and not even the right one, needless to say the chit tore it up!

:cliffs:
Money will drive people will sell you anything!
Its a 50-50 chance!

not too bad of a deal on the tranny, they usually run a tad higher.

I think you did alright considering if everything is clean and legit, you never know.

Back