Did Sir B16s Come With A P/steering Pump?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fardoche

I found some kind of pump on my B16 1st gen, located just above the a/c compressor on the engine. It's driven by a belt just like alt and a/c. Did JDM civics have p/s?
Thanks

Originally posted by fardoche@Jun 23 2003, 05:36 PM
Thanks man, so I guess I can just jerk that thing of the block since USDM don't have p/s...

The US didn't even have first gen B16A's :)

Geez, I still have not found what the sensor at the back of the block is. I has a green connector, just above the oil filter, and the base is taped into the block, under the intake ports. I dont think the old D16 has one. Knock sensor??What the hell?? :huh:

Mmmm maybe...The thing is it appears to have been tapped in the aluminum, but the is nothing inside the hole, just a tapped hole.
Do you mean vtec oil pressure? I thought that was on the head close to the vtec solenoid.

Sorry, I dont have a digital camera. Since you have been very helpful I will try to find something for you,
thanks

Originally posted by fardoche@Jun 23 2003, 10:26 PM
Sorry, I dont have a digital camera. Since you have been very helpful I will try to find something for you,
thanks

A bag full of $100 bills would be nice :)

A bag full of $100 bills would be nice

Yeah, I`m sure we would all need that :) I`m gonna try to find a photo or something (didn`t find anything in vtec supplement).

Question : what is the difference between the the 2 wires that connect to tranny housing in the front, close to the clutch lever, and the cable that connects at the back close to the firewall (metal cable inside plastic/rubber)? Speedo?RPM gauge?

BTW, sorry I have so many questions, it`s my first car project. I work on snowmobiles and dirtbikes... 2 strokes are so much simpler, no wires sensors valves ;)

I think I finally found what the sensor on the back of the block is for, should be the knock sensor. There is none on the Si D16A6. Is there only a knock sensor on vtec equipped motors? I guess that would make sense...
Problem is, somebody tried to disconnect it and broke the solder inside. Sensor is 100$ at Honda dealership. I'd probably try it this way (broken but in place), but I have a feeling its gonna cause some crap later.
Any ideas? solutions?
Thanks

Back