Did you guys have one of these at your school?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey now. I like Fieros. Man this is too funny of a story not to tell. I was working at a jiffy lube like a 35 minute drive from my house up in Evergreen,Co. This guy who worked there was seriously probably the best young mechanic ever. His car of choice to build.....1992 Ford Festiva. He had a custom exhaust, short ram intake, micro-balanced crank, short shifter, upgraded clutch and some other things I don't remember. He used to brag that he could rev it up to 5000 and drop the clutch and it would just take off. No traction issues. But this kid was working at the Jiffy Lube and doing other people's cars on the side making decent money. Before I quit he was explainging to me how he was starting to make his own custom body kits.

Well, if it helps you out: Highschool is the LAST place in your life that people, anyone, will ever give a shit about what you drive.

nah man from the time I was allowed to I had auto class. People used to give me shit for my integra and civic all the time. My teggy had the driver side fender like flattened by a rubber mallet and a pissed off ex wife of some guy, and my civic was almost stock when i bought it with coilovers, an exhaust tip and an intake. But everyone in their right mind would look at my Integra and laugh. That thing had so much body damage but it straight up flew. My first street race I raced a guy with a jetta with the 2.0 in it. I had just learned how to drive manual, didn't even launch, and missed my shift to 2nd (my synchro was goin out so sometimes it didn't go into gear right) anyways he had me by 4 car lengths on a 1/2 mile track and I caught up within 1/2 a car length by the finish. My car was stock. it had the top of the air box off. lol and his car had a full cai, and a full exhaust. Man I miss that car.

ah high school///when i was there,these kids started a crew...
True Ride Racing...buncha fags rlly,,has a 01 eclipse with exhaust,newer jetta 1.8T,89 beamer,97 altima with subs...the kid with the jetta thought his car was the fastest,
lol we told him my boys rex has a 1.5 nonvtec and the kid wanted to race sooo bad...

fuck kids who think their cars are soo fast

at my high school there are 3 of them

one of them has a 2004 stang, another a G6 and a 3rd has a solara

they all think theyre the shit especially solara boy who thinks his (queue stupid loud growling voice) MAGNA FLOW EXHAUST is going to smoke my car, because according to him it produdes 50 horsepower and the noise itself adds anotehr 5.

i took him out to a track one day, my SCed car with mods ran a 13.9, him? a 18.6 ROFL!

I was the kid who everyone knew was fast but didn't know what kind of car he had... 88 10AE TII

OP
i would not worry about any of those people [in school] just study, try to learn from others mistakes and attitudes. so when you're a grown up you can have any car, house, woman you want and then you'll be the one laughing.

life is more fun when youre older and have money, not when your a high school kid and you parents buy you lies.

I am outta school I was just asking if everybody dealt with people like this and your right those jettas are slow. It was hilarious because we did the whole popping the hood thing when we raced and they saw my dirty ass engine compartment and laughed except two kids who actually knew something about hondas.

At my school there are a lot of egotistical people in cars. Not much in the form of people that actually work on their cars though. Most people at my school are rich little kids with brand new $30,000 cars while I'm rolling in my 87 CRX Si that I nabbed for $700. One of the local high school around my area though has a few cars pumping 700+ ponies. The fastest at my school though is probably the 1971 Dodge Charger 500.

Same as the school I graduated from. There was a guy who bought a lexus IS300 brand new only to wreck it 5 months after getting it then bought a brand new subaru legacy gt. Or maybe it was the other way around I can't remember. The fastest car at my school was a 77 camaro with a blown 455 under the hood. I think he ran like high 12 second passes don't know if it was on slicks or not and what he had done to the motor.

doesn't mean it ain't sexy! the price is just very very unsexy. Maybe he went to a rich highschool? or maybe the guy owned it since it was new?

Back