Diesel, Yes? No? Maybe So...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sounding nice and lots of power is a good perk, but i dont know if he would look too cool when he gets stuck in the soft sand trying to back jetskis into the water. Unless he plans to modify it with huge wheels, lift, ect......its just not worth it for jet skis and quads.

Where are your boat launches at where you launch in sand? I don't know about you, but in Washington ours are made of concrete and such.

Same here in NC...I think the biggest problem you would have would be spinning on the wet concrete...in which case a heavier truck would be more beneficial.

You want 4wd mostly for our boat launches up here, because some times they're steep.

1999 Ford f250 Diesel This is the truck I would buy tomorrow if I was full time. My buddy has the identical one but black and it pulls his ski centurion avalanche like nothing over the pass and launches well.

Where are your boat launches at where you launch in sand? I don't know about you, but in Washington ours are made of concrete and such.

Here in san diego there are TONS of places to boat and jetski. So instead of going to the boat ramp like everybody else, you can go find better isolated places anywhere along the beach where its not so crowded.

Cummins engines are good, but 1600 lb/ft is reachable by any diesel engine. It's all about the amount of money you put into it...and whether or not the parts can withstand it. I can assure that engine is far from stock...

The Cummins is a great truck. You also might wanna check out the Duramax. I think the perfect diesel would be a cummins diesel with a duramax transmission. Allison transmission FTW. :D

Get a 2005 Silverado 1500 LT extended cab with the L33 engine. Base hp/trq 310/335. Get the 4wd and the lt shouild already be loaded this is the only package you can get the aluminum l33 with. Get a 3 inch exhaust with a K&N and a custom tune. I had this but without the K&n and tune. I got 20-22mpg on the highway and about 15-17mpg normal city/back road driving. This thing got better gas mileage than my 6 banger 06 rcsb 5spd. Not as much power as a diesel but more than enough to tow your jet skis with. I towed my old 17ft boat, my friends bass boat, and a few other boats with ease I fit people over 6 feet tall in the extended cab with no problems. The cab has suicide doors for the rears and the rear seat folds up to have more cargo room. The only reason got rid of it was I have a company vehicle I drive to work and I only put about 50-200 miles a week on the truck so I wanted a lower payment.

Back