1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

differ bewtween pr4 ecu and p75 ecu?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by brasilianstreet, Aug 22, 2004.

1. brasilianstreet

brasilianstreet Senior Member

well i have a b18b converted to OBD1 but i have a pr4 ls obd1 ecu in it and my boy has a b18b but it is OBD1 already but he has a p75 OBD1 ecu in it and he pulls on me so there must be somethign wrong he says i need the p75 ecu and i thnk so to but i wana make sure ?and he has a ek coupe i ahve a ek hatch with a clutch kit and 12lbs act flywheel he has stock evereythign we both have an intake .

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

they are pretty much the same thing.

pr4's came in late 2nd gen tegs that were obd1 b18a's and soem 94 b18b's.
    they ar epretty much identical

3. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

Maybe he's just a better driver. No offense, but if you both have the same swap and you have more "performance" persay than you should be pulling on him.

I used the stock DX ECU for the longest time then I got a PR4, when I finally got the P75 it didn't make that much of a difference.

4. brasilianstreet

brasilianstreet Senior Member

o alright no i know im a good driver and better than him not trying to sound concided or anythign but he also just learned ive been driving stick since i was 12 well anyways i am being told that sinc emy b18b longblock use to be an automatic engine that my cams are the problem that the automatic cams and 5 speed cams are different form eachother and that i need to buy some 5 spped cams for my car. anyone know any info in that ?

5. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

It's a very minimal power difference. I'd say at most 5 hp difference. Check the compression that should be first, then work from there.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted