1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Differ Cylinder Heads On Diff Displacement.

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by FelonyB18C5, Feb 2, 2003.

1. FelonyB18C5

FelonyB18C5 Junior Member

I have a B20A5 displacement and i was just wondering can u put a differ cylinder head on it. I was talking to a person whos works on these type of engine(B-series) he said that he worked on this specific engine that his his tech friends put a B18C5 cylinder head. Is this possible to do im kind of thinking of doing this sort of project. Need some info i appreciate it.

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

yes you can, this is called a CRvtec. Look in the FAQs about them or click on calesta (member here) sig. You can put either a b16, b18 or b18c5 head on there. It is not as easy as just slaping a VTEC head on, you have to totally rebuild the bottom end to withstand the high revs of vtec

(ps, not 100% on the b20 engine codes, if your b20 engine is out of the early 90 preludes, scratch this, it is only true with the b20 that came out of the CRV )

3. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

The B20A5 is not a CRV engine. It is out of an early 90's Prelude. It can be done, but every site I have found where they explain how to do it says it isn't worth it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted