1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between a P2T and a P28.

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by jordel23, Aug 23, 2006.

1. jordel23

jordel23 New Member

I have all the components and tools to chip a P28, and make it a "Plug and Play." However, I just realized that my car has a P2T Ecu. I drive a 2000 Civic Si. Is there any difference between the two? I just don't want to open the Ecu. It would be a pain in the ass. Any help will be appreciated. Also E-mail me at jordel23@comcast.net

Thanks

2. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

BIG differences. The p28 is obd1. The p2t is obd2. You can't really do anything with a p2t except plug it in and drive. There is no way to chip an obd2 ecu such as the p2t. You'll need to convert to obd1 and run a chipped p28 with a stock p30 map if you want to go that route. There isn't any good reason to do this though if you are going to leave your engine near stock, i.e. stock cams, pistons, intake manifold, etc. If you plan on doing anything beyond the standard intake, header, and exhaust mods, I'd recommend converting over to obd1, and get the p28 tuned off of a p30 basemap by a respectable tuner who has all the necessary equipment.

3. jordel23

jordel23 New Member

Thanks a lot. Just wanted to make sure. I was going that route already, I just wanted to make sure.

4. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

ummmm, what he said :)

how did i miss this thread all day yesterday.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted