Difference between coilovers and springs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

civicdx92

I'm trying to get my talon lowered. I don't know jack about what i need to get that done. Can i just get a spring kit? ride quality doesn't really matter much. Thanks for any input.

hmmmm, this sounds like a tech post........and a non-honda tech post at that- but i'll anwer you anyway- yes you can buy lowering springs for your car- take the stock springs out, but the lowering springs in and VIOLA a lowered talon

If ride quality doesn't matter, then you need to consider how much you want it lowered and how much you are willing to spend. Obviously coilovers are adjustable and can give you just about any height that you want and springs have a set drop. Good coilovers are more expensive than springs. If you get just the coil portion (like skunk2) of the coil over then the installation will be the same as for the springs and it doesn't cost too much more. Hope this helps

the difference between a coilover and a spring?

a spring doesnt have a variable ride height.

a coilover does. its a spring outside a "screw" sleeve where you compress the spring using more than likely a spanner wrench giving you the effect of lowering the car.

i recommend getting a lowering spring, like eibachs or h&r's from www.tirerack.com

idk wether to get a full coilover system or a set of springs. how much really is the ride quality? because i wanna be able to have a comfortable ride but also a great suspension on my car. HELP

Let us ask ourselves this question now...what is the difference between starting a new thread and bringing back one that has been dead for over four years? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back