Difference between DX and EX Tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

auggiereg

I just bought a tranny from a 95 EX. Well I don't know how to tell whether or not I actually bought an EX tranny or a DX tranny. The number next to the serial number by the engine Id is S20. There is another number that says C5F P20. Is this any indication of what kind of tranny I bought? Or, do I just have to install it and see if I notice a difference? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I plan to swap the tranny this weekend, so the quicker the response the better.

sorry man even my helms dosent tell me.Honda would be able to tell you the part # if it's even on the tranny.I dont know what the C5F P20 refers to but it might be the part # for the final drive gear or something.I'd call my local honda dealer's service shop,be super polite in explaining your prob and they might help or at least tell you what that # is...even better go buy a oil filter from em and ask in person.sorry I couldnt help more but I'll keep it on the brain and let ya know if I find anything.

I ran into the differences online yesterday, I was looking under cheap homemade turbo kits using the stock manifold from D series. You should find by doing a search. I will try to post a decent link.

Milan

Back