difference between RS and GSR rear sway bar...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
ok.. i was just wondering if there was a difference between a RS rear sway bar and a GSR.. and would this be an improvment on my EG..

wrong forum, suspension it goes....

The base (b18b engines) integra hatch has a 13mm where the GSR as well as all integra sedans. The formula to determine the diffrence in stiffness between the 2 bars is...
(New size/Oldsize)^4 = (14/13)^4 = 1.34 so it will be 34% stiffer. However, do the same with a 22 mm rearswaybar and the result is it will be about 8 times stiffer. 30something percent is marginal, 800 is defently noticible. Look for a used ITR rear sway. You can find them for cheap and out of all my suspension mods, that is defently the best.

so you say go for an ITR sway bar... thanks for moving.. i forget there is a Suspension forum.. noone ever uses it..

asmallsol said:
wrong forum, suspension it goes....

The base (b18b engines) integra hatch has a 13mm where the GSR as well as all integra sedans. The formula to determine the diffrence in stiffness between the 2 bars is...
(New size/Oldsize)^4 = (14/13)^4 = 1.34 so it will be 34% stiffer. However, do the same with a 22 mm rearswaybar and the result is it will be about 8 times stiffer. 30something percent is marginal, 800 is defently noticible. Look for a used ITR rear sway. You can find them for cheap and out of all my suspension mods, that is defently the best.

Wow... a base integra only has a 13mm sway bar? I know DA9/DB2 have 14.9mm and DB1's have 15.7mm sway bars, would have never thought the rears on DC's would be smaller.

Back