Difference in Blue Top and Red Top H22...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BaSiC Evil

Does anyone know if there are any differences in the specs on these two motors?

I thought the blue top was the F20B from the JDM SiR Accord. I could be wrong....

:D the red top is honda prelude type s
220horses 163 torque
blue: f20b accord sir-t
200horses 156 torque
DO ME A FAVOUR: IF YOU DONT KNOW ALREADY FIND OUT IF YOUR ENGINE ( 1997 H22A JDM) IS OBD1 OR OBD2. I HAVE A CURRENT POST RIGHT NOW THAT I AM GETTING VARIOUS ANSWERS FROM.

By the way nice island rice, I am from jamaica and going to school in the states and i always tell fellow tuners in the states that the island has the wickedest variety of cars and cheapest car labor rate for tuning in the world... from right hand drive skyline,silvias,toyota levin, mini cooper every evo made... ect... :lol: :lol: :lol:
and these car are cheap too not the ridiculous $50-90K for legal nissan skylines in the us.
Ps. anyone want anyone of these exotic cars shipped to the states, i might be able to help. unpredictable01@hotmail.com

Originally posted by kingmarc63@Sep 9 2003, 02:50 AM
:D the red top is honda prelude type s
220horses 163 torque
blue: f20b accord sir-t
200horses 156 torque
DO ME A FAVOUR: IF YOU DONT KNOW ALREADY FIND OUT IF YOUR ENGINE ( 1997 H22A JDM) IS OBD1 OR OBD2. I HAVE A CURRENT POST RIGHT NOW THAT I AM GETTING VARIOUS ANSWERS FROM.

By the way nice island rice, I am from jamaica and going to school in the states and i always tell fellow tuners in the states that the island has the wickedest variety of cars and cheapest car labor rate for tuning in the world... from right hand drive skyline,silvias,toyota levin, mini cooper every evo made... ect... :lol: :lol: :lol:
and these car are cheap too not the ridiculous $50-90K for legal nissan skylines in the us.
Ps. anyone want anyone of these exotic cars shipped to the states, i might be able to help. unpredictable01@hotmail.com

I don't think that the red top is the type S. I currently have the Red top and it's got nowhere near 220HP.

Essentially, here's what I need to know.

I need to know if the 5-speed transmission will swap out of a blue-top and into my red-top.

I have a 1997 JDM Prelude SiR with a red-top and it is an automatic. Does anyone know if this tranny will swap out with no problems, major modifications or alterations?

The red top is indeed the Type S. Maybe you just got a normal JDM H22 and it happened to have a red valve cover?

Also, Honda's engines with auto trannies are always less tuned than their manual trannies. Less aggressive cams is the biggest difference. And now that I think of it, I don't think the Type S even came in an automatic. Much like the Integra Type R, they only came with manual trannies.

But to answer your question....all H and F-series trannies are interchangeable. You may have to move a mounting stud, but that's about it.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Sep 9 2003, 01:16 PM
The red top is indeed the Type S. Maybe you just got a normal JDM H22 and it happened to have a red valve cover?

Also, Honda's engines with auto trannies are always less tuned than their manual trannies. Less aggressive cams is the biggest difference. And now that I think of it, I don't think the Type S even came in an automatic. Much like the Integra Type R, they only came with manual trannies.

But to answer your question....all H and F-series trannies are interchangeable. You may have to move a mounting stud, but that's about it.

Will any mods or alterations have to be made to the shift linkage and mounts for the tranny for it to fit though?

Not that I know of. All the H-series engines sit the same in the engine bays, use the same mounts, etc. Even though the blue top is an F-series engine, it should swap directly onto your engine.

For example....when I swapped an H22 into my old Accord, I didn't have to do anything special with the tranny, tranny mount or shift linkage. It just all bolted right up. You should be in the same boat.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Sep 9 2003, 07:32 PM
Not that I know of. All the H-series engines sit the same in the engine bays, use the same mounts, etc. Even though the blue top is an F-series engine, it should swap directly onto your engine.

For example....when I swapped an H22 into my old Accord, I didn't have to do anything special with the tranny, tranny mount or shift linkage. It just all bolted right up. You should be in the same boat.

I currently have a auto and need to swap to a 5-speed. Will this work?

Sure it'll work. It's not easy, but it can be done. Either search this site or search the web for instructions, some very detailed sets of instructions already exist.

yea red top is type s and it also has a system similar to lsd with it. you might have boughten h22a and they put a type s cover on it

actually the type s came with atts and the sir-s came with the lsd. i'm pretty sure i might have switched them around. but both do not have atts.

I'm positive the Type S came with an LSD. And I remember seeing a website that listed the Type S and having come with both trannies, but it's very possible they're full of shite.

M2B4 is LSD tranny but not sure with motor it was mated with. :unsure:

Back