difference in Dizzies

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

hey i was wondering if there is a difference between the obd2a dizzy and the obd2b dizzy for b series engines if anyone knows let me know thanks all

the wiring and the plugs because my boy is giving me one that is obd1 and my other boy has one that is obd2b from a grs and my car is obd2a and i wanted to know if i can use the obd2b one on my civic or if i can use the obd1 with my plug on it from an obd2a

I would have thought that would work because they have the exact same firing order! Isnt that all that Matters?

no that is not all that matters the pins are different on the dizzy from the obd1 and the plug on the obd2a i was told there are nine plug on the dizzy and on my plug there is nine wires so i was wondering if i can re pin the dizzy to match up with the plug on my harness? can anyone tell me yes or no? or can i cut the dizzy harness and put on the obd2a dizzy harness on the obd1 dizzy?

OBD2a and OBD2b distributors are the same. You can plug an OBD2b dizzy into an OBD2a harness and it will work fine.

Also, you can cut the obd2a harness and put the obd1 dizzy on, but ONLY if you're using an obd1 or older ECU. You must always heed the Honda distributor code:

You HAVE to use the SAME YEAR or NEWER distributor as your ecu. Period. End of story.

You can use any ecu with an obd2b distributor.
You can use an obd0, obd1, or obd2a ecu with an obd2a distributor.
You can use an obd0 or obd1 ecu with an obd1 distributor.
You can only use an obd0 ecu with an obd0 distributor.

Why this is, I do not know. All the wires are there, so you can switch the plugs on an obd2b distributor to obd1 plugs without any problems (the wires are the same color regardless of year/obd)...

Feel free to PM me with questions.

I didn't actually read it....nor have I ever read it...I always think 'Jesus, that kid's sig makes my eyes hurt'

i have a obd0 distributor running a b16a in my 99 honda civic sir with a 99 sir ecu

Back