Difference in Engines Between 91 si and 91 dx?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LudeBoy

Slave to the EF
Hi guys, just wondering if any parts besides the mpfi swap are interchangeable? Is the Cylinder head any different? Different Cams? Is the bore/stroke the same?

Thanks in advance for any advise or opinions...

simple answer.....yes- the heads and cams are interchangable, obviously the manifolds are interchangable- the bore for both the motors is 75mm, while the stroke for the Si motor (d16a6) is 5.5mm larger at 90 compared to 84.5
i think the longer stroke might result in valve to piston clearence issues supposing you swapped the Dx (d15b2) head onto the si block- just a guess though- But there is really no reason to swap d16a6 parts onto that block- if you have both motors use the A6 since it's power and torque are 108 and 100 respectively, while the d15b2 makes 92hp and 89 ft/lb of torque

hope that helps- you can check the reference section if you need to see more specs or need more help

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29825

Thanks for the info. Do you think I would benefit from just a cam swap? I am thinking that the weakest link is probably the intake... Do you know if the 16a head outflows the 15b? I have built a domestic car but I am pretty new to the world of imports. I dont have the money time or tools to do a swap so I was just wondering what kind of small mods I can do to pick up a few ponies. I already have a full exhaust (Header, cat elim pipe, cat back) and an intake. I bought a set of adj. coil overs and a set of Tokico shocks along with some 16's for the suspension. I also got both upper and lower front/rear strut braces. This is on a 91 dx hatch. I know I cant build a race car out of this (with the currnet engine) just looking to make it a sport daily driver.

Oh yeah PARTS are cheap as hell for this car!!!!!

The heads are the same. Just swap in the si cam and do a mpfi conversion.

while its apart just buy a new cam . 200- 250 will get you a better cam. there is not that big of a difference between the cams and the heads are identical

Back